This disease is quite common among those who have any problems with the digestive organs.The symptoms of colitis are multifaceted, but not specific, which is why it is often confused with other diseases of the colon.
For accurate diagnosis is necessary to consult a specialist as well as for instrumental and laboratory diagnostic techniques.Several forms of colitis and its at least five types depending on the etiology of the disease.
reasons colitis bowel
reasons that can trigger the development of inflammation in the colon mucosa, quite a lot.
- 1) For example, the most common cause of colitis is an infection that can be caused by a number of pathogens, such as:.. Streptococcus, staphylococcus, salmonella, cholera vibrio, etc.
- 2) Another cause of colitis is a frequentuse of antibiotics.Many people take antibiotics without a doctor's prescription, in the hope to cure as soon as possible, for example, the commoncold, not realizing that there are many of its originators.Therefore, antibiotics, triggered last cold, can not work in the present.Such useless medication, especially without maintenance therapy, are the real cause of intestinal colitis.
- 3) In some cases, irregular meals, alcohol abuse and constant stress provoke inflammation of the large intestine.
- 4) We should also highlight the detrimental effects of toxic substances and poisons on the human body, which can not only lead to intestinal colitis, but also to many other diseases.At risk, where there is a high probability that the person subjected to the influence of poisons and toxins, are employees of hazardous industries.
- 5) may also affect the development of intestinal colitis variety of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (GI tract), such as: diarrhea, constipation and circulatory disorders.
Thus, considering the above causes of intestinal colitis, it can be classified in the following way:
- infectious colitis;
Symptoms of intestinal colitis
Symptoms of intestinal colitis is best seen in terms of its forms.
for acute colitis is characterized by the appearance of nagging pains and cramps, constant urge to defecate.Man may torment unstable chair, ie alternating diarrhea and constipation, combined with abdominal swelling and a constant rumbling.Often
mucus and blood can be detected in the faeces, indicating a severe inflammation, and the feces will differ malodorous odor.In addition, the patient marked increase in body temperature, weakness and fatigue.In most cases, infections, ulcerative colitis and toxic possess acute flow.
Chronic colitis is primarily characterized by an unstable chair, when diarrhea is replaced by constipation.Typical are the severity of the symptoms of abdominal pain, fullness, pain and false urge to defecate.In some cases, there may be nausea, bitterness in the mouth, headaches and dizziness.
chronic form occurs most often in drug and ischemic colitis.In addition, chronic colitis, often develops as a result of the irregular human nutrition, alcohol abuse, as well as the effects after acute infectious colitis.
Thus, we can identify common for all types of colitis symptoms:
- pain and spasms;
- constipation or diarrhea;
- stool with blood or slime;
- weakness, fatigue.
Diagnostics intestinal colitis
colitis diagnosis begins with anamnesis, which takes into account the patient transferred diseases that can trigger the development of colitis.
is mandatory palpation of the abdomen, which will allow the physician to identify the painful areas of the large intestine and the presence of blisters.An important role in the diagnosis of colitis play laboratory studies.
the mandatory tests are as follows:
- complete blood count;
- blood chemistry;
- feces analysis.
In addition, very often the diagnosis of colitis is carried out with the help of instrumental methods of examination, which can visually assess the state of the mucous membrane of the large intestine, to determine the presence and location of inflammation, as well as a biopsy followed by laboratory examination of material taken.
instrumental methods allow to reveal adhesions, polyps, ulcers, colon cancer, which is essential for the correct diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
By instrumental methods of diagnosis include:
Treatment of intestinal colitis
Determining accurate diagnosis directly affects the success of the treatment.Treatment of intestinal colitis depends on the localization of the inflammatory process, the type and form of colitis from concomitant diseases.In any case, you must first remove the cause of the disease, and in the future the therapy aimed at maintaining and restoring human health.
- 1) antibiotic therapy is used in the case of infectious colitis.Antibiotics are appointed only after sowing the determination of disease pathogens and their sensitivity to antibiotics.In combination with antibiotics usually prescribed drugs that maintain intestinal microflora.
- 2) When poisoning which lead to toxic or chronic colitis, it makes sense to apply the intestinal adsorbents and preparations, removes intestinal dysbiosis.Absorbent products are able to bind and eliminate the negative impact of toxins.Treatment of chronic colitis should be comprehensive, which means receiving painkillers, anti-inflammatory, antidiarrheal agents as well as agents that prevent and treat gastrointestinal disorders.
- 3) ulcerative colitis (see. Ulcerative colitis), the causes of which are specific to each case, the disease is treated, depending on the causative factor.If the occurrence of ulcerative colitis is associated with heredity, it is necessary symptomatic treatment.
colitis rarely used ulcerative colitis, and ischemic colitis in the case of the formation of blood clots in the branches of the abdominal aorta with subsequent embolism.
complications of colitis in most cases are caused by the lack of treatment or improper treatment destination.
These complications include:
- appearance of blood loss and, as a consequence, the development of anemia.
- increased risk of developing cancer.
- occurrence of headaches and dizziness.
- appearance of dysbiosis.
- formation of adhesions and scarring, which often lead to intestinal obstruction.
- perforation of the intestinal wall to the further development of peritonitis.
It will relieve hemorrhoids from running for 5 days.I managed!So ...
nail fungus is afraid of it like the plague!If the cool water ...
I weighed 92 kg!Fat left by 3 kg per week!To do this, drink a glass before going to bed ...
"antiquated" method to quit smoking!After 7 days you will forget about the cigarettes for good!