Endogenous depression is aof the most severe types of depressive disorders, as holds generally long, and little firmness responds to external stimuli.
endogenous depression, in contrast to the reactive (occurring in response to any - any external traumatic events) is considered an internal, that is, its causes are within man, and almost do not depend on external circumstances.
Furthermore, endogenous depression often occur not only without any apparent external cause, but also against the background of the full life of well-being.
Endogenous Depression: causes ^
Causes endogenous depression lie in a lack of the brain of so-called mediators of the central nervous system - substances that regulate mood:
- primarily serotonin (hormone of joy and pleasure),
- noradrenaline(fear hormone)
- and dopamine (the hormone of happiness, love, joy, euphoria).
If the body produces too little, the brain is a violation of metabolism of biologically active substances, which inevitably leads to the manifestation of depression.
- reasons for the lack of mediators are poorly studied, however, noted that a major role in the occurrence of the disease play a genetically - genetic factors.That is, if someone - that of blood relatives suffered or is suffering from this disease, the chance to get sick of endogenous depression multiplied.
- In addition, the risk group includes people with a certain set of traits - suspicious, anxious and too diffident.They tend to be very conscientious, honest, have a sense of responsibility and therefore are afraid to make their own responsible decisions.
- a role in the disease development can play and stressful situations (serious illness, divorce, betrayal, conflict in the family or at work, loss of a loved one).
however, stress in this disease can not be the root cause - it only acts as a "trigger" factor disease.Certainly, long before the emergence of a stressful situation, it was the first "bells" of ailments for which, due to their low severity, do not pay attention.
Doctors say that all cases of depressive disorders and neuroses preceded prednevroz - a condition in which the body reduces the protective provisions and mental detelnosti.
Therefore, when a person says that the cause of his illness was the divorce, conflict or disease, he is mistaken.Traumatic events only aggravated the situation and led to a brighter display of hidden symptoms.
symptoms of endogenous depression ^
main symptoms of endogenous depression - permanently bad mood, lethargy and the inability to experience pleasure, even with the most powerful events.
- person's mood is not affected either good or bad events, it does not matter what is happening around him, as he is immersed in a constant melancholy.However, the distinguishing feature of this disease is mood swings throughout the day.So, in the morning there is the strongest feeling of depression, and in the evening a bit of condition is stabilized.
- observed mental and physical retardation.A person can sit for hours or lie in the same position, feeling no desire to move.Poor perceives any information not on anything concentrate for a long time choosing his words for an answer and suffering memory impairment.
- trouble sleeping and feel chronic fatigue.At night, a long time can not sleep, wakes up in the morning "broken" and unrefreshed, tired of any, even the simple operation.Frequent dizziness, heart palpitations and pains, nausea, dry mouth, pain in muscles and joints, disorders of the intestine, and the exacerbation of chronic diseases.Women are possible menstrual irregularities.
- changing appetite and body weight - the patient begins to eat more or less than usual, leaning on harmful products and sweets.
- constantly experiencing guilt and worthlessness of his existence, his self-esteem drops every day.
- the patient has obsessive suicidal thoughts, and he does not show them, but carefully hides, bears in himself, and, if it decides to suicide, the act for sure.However, inherent in this state that the reluctance - or take a strong and lethargy are often an escape from suicide, a person simply does not have enough physical strength.
That is why the treatment of endogenous depression should be under the strict supervision of a doctor - there are cases where after taking antidepressants for patients there was a sharp surge of physical energy without lifting the mood, which led to commit suicide nedemonstrativnogo.
Endogenous depression: treatment and diagnostics ^
Many people from - of ignorance, embarrassment and reluctance to turn to psihoteratevtu about his mental discomfort, hoping that this state itself will take place, and make it a big mistake by not receiving timely necessarymedical care.
Moreover, some try to explain their ailments somatic (bodily) factors and refer to any other specialists (cardiologists, therapists, and other specialists endokronologam), but not to psychiatrists.
But as you know, any illness, including mental, it is easier to treat in the early stages, so the early diagnosis of the disease plays a vital role in the treatment and rehabilitation.
- main treatment of endogenous depression - medication and in combination to it as an adjuvant therapy techniques applied.
- Psychotherapeutic techniques are needed, mainly for the prevention of exacerbations and the formation of resistance to the stresses of life, which may be a precipitating factor for disease recurrence.
should be noted that endogenous depression is very well to treatment, and timely and competent help people return to a full life.Treat it should only be a qualified psychiatrist or psychotherapist, self-medication is unacceptable, because it can have grave consequences.
- competent selection of a treatment regimen with modern antidepressants that do not have significant side effects, ensures restoration of brain chemistry, ie the balance of neurotransmitters in the brain.
- medicines Admission is usually long (from several months to several years), and depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
- can connect as antipsychotics, tranquilizers, stimulants, and sedatives nootropics if necessary.
Despite the conventional wisdom among the population, dependence and addiction to antidepressants does not exist, so do not be afraid and do not hesitate to consult a doctor.Depression is not something - something shameful or terrible, it is the same disease that requires treatment, just like any other.
depression suffered the greatest and brightest of our time - Churchill, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Freud, Gogol, Pushkin, Goethe and many others.
important to understand that the symptoms of endogenous depression spontaneously not pass, so if you notice in yourself or your loved ones a few danger signs for a long period of illness (a month or more), be sure to contact your doctor and do not deprive yourself of the joys of life.
See Also video clip of a famous doctor - psychotherapist Elman Osmanov about symptoms and current treatment of depression: