known that vitamin D is an essential part of health, especially important it becomes for children, when formed musculoskeletal system of the child.Lack of this vitamin causes severe complication - rickets.But very often there is an overdose of vitamin D, which leads to vitamin toxicity.
Causes of hypervitaminosis D
Hypervitaminosis D usually occurs when exceeded the daily dose of the vitamin, which is 1 million IU.Typically, the daily dose for her baby is only 400 IU.
for assimilation of vitamin need natural sunlight, which are catalysts for the formation and absorption of vitamin D.
In some cases, hypervitaminosis D occurs when small doses of vitamin and is in case of hypersensitivity to the drug.
most often hypervitaminosis D in children undergoing rickets prevention.The causes of overdose and hypervitaminosis D:
- Simultaneous use of calcium, vitamin D, fish oil, and ultraviolet irradiation (to enhance immunity).Receiving
- alcohol solution at a dose of 10-20 drops for 3-4 weeks.As a result, the picture of acute hypervitaminosis.
- Receiving small doses (2-5 drops) for 5-6 months.
- hypervitaminosis develop in case of hypersensitivity or intolerance to the individual organism to vitamin D.
What happens when hypervitaminosis?Vitamin D regulates the normal metabolism of the body and is responsible for normal blood levels of primarily calcium and other alkaline minerals that are responsible for the development of bone tissue.
When hypervitaminosis D is developing a toxic effect on the cell membrane, and develops increasing calcium, acidosis, calcification of tissues and cells, giperfosfaturiya.In the urine there is a large amount of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium.
When the disease hypervitaminosis D symptoms develop mainly in children during the first 6 months of life.The picture of the disease in this case is a sharp, as little children do not regulate metabolism.Chronic disease pattern characterized by similar symptoms, but they develop later, in older children.
overdose in adults is rare, if it is not connected with the appointment of large doses preporaty in certain diseases.
Symptoms of hypervitaminosis D:
- symptoms of intoxication of the digestive system (loss of appetite, nausea and sometimes vomiting).
- Symptoms of dehydration (thirst, dry mouth, temperature rise).
- disorder stool, diarrhea alternating with constipation.
- symptoms of intoxication of the nervous system (loss of consciousness, sleep disturbance, muscle cramps).
- Premature closure of fontanelle.
- Increasing underweight and dystrophy symptoms.
- Violation of the cardiovascular system (heart rate, skin cyanosis, cardioneurosis, cardiomyopathy).
- Violation of the urinary system (increased separation of urine, chronic pyelonephritis).
- There is regression of the thymus gland and metabolic disorders.
- lowers immunity.
- Raised blood pressure.
- There is an increase in liver and spleen.
- In laboratory blood tests show a high content of calcium and reducing the amount of phosphorus.
- protein in the urine appears, admixture of blood, the white blood cells.
In such cases, usually say that rickets light better than a small overdose.It is noted that the cases of hypervitaminosis are much more common than clinically manifested and diagnosed in time.Perhaps this is due to the fact that young mothers do not know the symptoms of hypervitaminosis of vitamin D.
important to remember that children who have had the D hypervitaminosis, are immunocompromised for life.
Treatment of disease
treatment of hypervitaminosis D is carried out in a hospital, especially severe forms of the disease.At the same time limit the intake of vitamin and conduct therapeutic measures to eliminate toxicity.Hypervitaminosis of vitamin D can cause changes in the internal organs, therefore, carried out corrective and restorative therapy.
From power necessary to exclude all foods rich in calcium and vitamin D, these include cod liver oil, cottage cheese, eggs, cow's milk.Vitamin exerts a good effect, which includes E and A formulations that have antioxidant properties.For the normalization of metabolic processes prescribed vitamins C and B group vitamins
overdose prevention is the exact dosage that the doctor prescribes.Camovolnoe increase in dose can cause serious complications for the health.
In order not to cause an overdose, you must undergo periodic monitoring by a doctor who observes the state of the fontanelle, the skeletal system, the overall development, the child's hair and skin.If you have the slightest doubt, and suspicion of overdose, you should immediately stop taking and consult a doctor.