Hypervitaminosis - a poisoning of the body when excessive use of vitamins.Typically, the disease is acute or chronic.The acute form occurs when a single large doses of vitamins, and chronic - long-term use at doses exceeding the norm.
Normally vitamins are catalysts for all metabolic processes in the body are involved in the processes of growth (especially in children), as well as play an important role in self-reproduction processes.
reasons may be not only in overdose but also in the individual intolerance and hypersensitivity thereto.In this case of overdose, quite small doses of vitamin that there are signs of hypervitaminosis.
For each type of the disease its characteristic signs.If there hypervitaminosis - symptoms at once, which can not remain without attention of the patient.For each vitamin separately, there are different signs of overdose.
symptoms most often occur during intoxication fat-soluble vitamins, since they have the ability to accumulate in the body.These include groups A, E, D
Signs of hypervitaminosis A
most at risk of getting the disease are children.When the disease hypervitaminosis A group of symptoms are the following:
- Changing behavior - lethargy, weakness, reluctance to move.
- development of hydrocephalus (accumulation of fluid in the head).
- Symptoms of nervous system stimulation - sleep disturbance, crying for no reason, irritability.
- Violation of the gastrointestinal tract - loss of appetite, upset stool, nausea, vomiting.
- symptoms of intoxication and dehydration - hair loss, inflammation of the mucous membranes, cracked lips, dry skin, low-grade fever.
- rash on the skin that resemble a rash of scarlet fever.
- brittle nails.
- joint pain.
- Increased cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Violation of the liver and kidneys.
adults, in addition to these symptoms, may experience sudden and severe headache, decreased vision, bradycardia.If symptoms of overdose of vitamin A will be pregnant women, it is likely to happen miscarriage or premature birth.In chronic disease in pregnant observed deformities and malformations of the fetus.
In the chronic form of the disease thickens the skin becomes coarse and rough, the hair falls out and flogged severely, liver and spleen increased in size.This may escalate all chronic diseases that were present in adults.
Signs of an overdose of vitamins of group In
B vitamins more than 15, but noted that the group hypervitaminosis B1, B3, B8, B15, B17 strong toxicity was observed.
Overdose group B has similar symptoms:
- Redness of the skin.
- Dizziness and headaches.
- disorder chair, abdominal pain, nausea.
- Sense tingling of the skin and hypersensitivity.
- Disturbed sleep (insomnia).
- cramps in the calf muscles.
But each group of vitamin B can cause unique to this hypervitaminosis symptoms:
- Hypervitaminosis B2 - disrupted the liver, the heart, there are cracks in the corners of the mouth can occur photophobia, conjunctivitis.
- Hypervitaminosis B5 - calls water retention in the body and prolonged diarrhea.
- Hypervitaminosis of vitamin B6 - loss of coordination arises, as well as numbness in the limbs, the sick person can not hold small objects in their hands.
- Hypervitaminosis B9 - is not going cramps in all muscles.
- Hypervitaminosis B12 - allergic reactions, hives, disturbance of the heart, thrombosis of small vessels, in some cases there is an anaphylactic shock (at higher doses of vitamin).
group Hypervitaminosis D
overdose causes severe developmental disorders in children.Moreover, only products containing large amounts of vitamin, poisoned difficult.Hypervitaminosis may occur when simultaneously prolonged sun exposure, taking vitamin D and fish oil, as well as calcium supplements.
When the disease, the symptoms resemble the picture of hypercalcemia:
- behavioral change - lethargy, inactivity, whims.
- There is thirst and increased water consumption.
- increasing separation of urine.
- decreased appetite, nausea and vomiting occur.
- accrues underweight.
- There bradycardia, and cardiomyopathy cardioneurosis.
- temperature rises.
- appear cramps.
In adults, symptoms of a slightly different - as occurs in chronic atherosclerosis, excess calcium is deposited in the blood vessels, lungs, heart, kidneys, and intestinal walls.There is a diagnosis called giperkaltsinoz.
The skin then becomes yellowish, there is a strong muscle weakness, pain in all joints, pain in the heart.Chronic overdose leads to osteoporosis.
Hypervitaminosis Group E
When these symptoms occur hypervitaminosis E:
- headache and muscle pain.
- Fatigue, weakness, fatigue.
- disorder of the stomach and intestines.
- Changes in the structure of bone and increase fracture.
- Split in the eyes.
- Chronic administration of vitamin E can cause deficiency of other vitamins (A, E, K).
Hypervitaminosis of vitamin H
This vitamin is also included in group B, but it is regarded as a separate and called vitamin H. Hypervitaminosis group H is rare, but in high doses causes a disturbance of the liver.
Treatment of the disease should be carried out under the supervision of a physician, as occurs especially hard overdose of fat-soluble vitamins.This should be carried out detoxification therapy, and symptomatic, which is aimed at addressing the symptoms that cause the disease.