Renal Oncology is a defeat, when the body is formed by a malignant tumor which cells divide uncontrollably.Most malignant processes begin to develop in the inner layer of small size renal tubules.And this form is known as renal cell carcinoma.The positive can be considered a factor that the tumor is diagnosed even before the spread of metastasis to distant tissues and organs.Known symptoms of kidney cancer in the early stages can increase the effectiveness of treatment.
main causes of cancer
doctors can not accurately determine the causes of cancer, damaging the kidneys.But some are known factors that increase the risks of disease progression.Usually diagnosed with cancer in men after the age of forty years.It often manifests risk factors include:
- Smoking - smokers the risk of oncology doubles.Cigars also increase the risk of tumors.
- Men tend to fall ill renal oncology twice as often.
- Obesity is often a negative impact on the exchange of hormones in the body, it contributes to the progression of cancer.
- Prolonged administration of drugs without professional supervision.
- Severe kidney damage or prolonged dialysis while total violation of body work.
- presence in the body of certain genetic diseases.
- a strong family history of the disease.
- effect on the body as a whole and in particular on the kidneys harmful chemicals - cadmium, gasoline, solvents, etc.
- high blood pressure.Experts still can not determine what causes the formation of cancer - high blood pressure or influence on the organism of medicines used to reduce it
- Tanned skin - blacks risk of developing cancer is several times higher than for reasons unknown to science.
This is important! Have not these risk factors still says that the body damage happens without fail.Also, in the absence of adverse effects may develop a malignant tumor in the kidney.
How does the kidney Oncology
Non-specific symptoms of kidney cancer symptoms are as follows:
- severe fatigue and persistent weakness of the body;
- weight reduction;
specific symptoms of kidney cancer are manifested by the growth of a tumor may be as follows:
- hematuria - blood in the urine.It can appear in a small amount or form large clumps which appear not causes, and then quickly disappear.Massive bleeding becomes a direct indication for immediate hospitalization and implementation of the operation to remove the body.
- probing malignant neoplasms in the abdominal cavity or an increase in the body.
- Pain - develop with the passage of hematuria due to blockage of the ureter, due to the stretching of the renal capsule, due to germination and pressure nerve trunks or large veins in the peritoneum in the kidney.
first signs of pathology, as a rule, is not that considerably complicates the diagnostic process.
diagnosis of kidney cancer
survey to identify the tumor helps determine whether it is possible to cure cancer of the kidney, and includes:
- Ultrasound diagnosis for organ in the abdominal cavity, lymph nodes in the space behind the peritoneum.These events allow us to establish nodal tumor, to identify the size and breadth of involvement of the surrounding tissues in the malignant process, lymph nodes and blood vessels.
- CT and MRI - used to obtain more accurate results, tumor diagnosis, as well as to establish the presence or absence of distant metastatic lesions.
- In unclear situations, some patients may need a percutaneous needle biopsy of tumor growths closely monitored by ultrasound or CT scan - are diagnosed using a fine needle, which is inserted under local anesthesia into the cavity of the tumor.For example, a sample is taken for microscopic diagnosis.This treatment allows to confirm the formation of malignant tumors in almost 100% of cases.
- excretory urography or X-ray examination - the outdated method of diagnosis, which allows you to set the capacity of the affected kidney to function normally.
- Radionuclide diagnostics - renal scintigraphy - it helps to assess the quality of work of the body and the extent of its deviation from the norm under the influence of the tumor process.
- Sometimes very large size of the tumor is used angiography - a survey of the renal vessels and the introduction of an intravenous contrast - makes it possible to establish the degree of involvement in large vessels near the kidney.
- cystoscopy - endoscopic diagnosis in the bladder.It is implemented in order to identify the primary source of blood in the urine, and to eliminate the tumor in the bladder.
- Additional methods for the diagnosis of tumors are: radiography for chest, skeletal survey for the detection of distant metastases.
How is the treatment of renal cancer
Of course, the main method of treatment becomes surgery - removal of the kidney.Nephrectomy is also carried out in the presence of metastases in the bones and lungs. main indication for surgery - it is possible to remove a large tumor and the patient's deliverance from severe symptoms.
Sometimes when implementing the removal of a malignant tumor in the kidney with a single metastasis to the lungs carried the double operation - is eliminated and the damaged lung metastases.But it is very rare due to the fact that metastasis is almost never isolated.
This is important!When common pathology with the presence of tumor invasion into the surrounding tissue, extensive metastases in the lymph nodes in the space behind the peritoneum, the presence of individual metastases, affecting the lungs and bones, is made possible only symptomatic treatment or palliative treatment attempts implementation of chemotherapy.
temporary effect brings drug treatment of kidney cancer.Prolonged stabilization of the state of health and the regression of tumors occur in 40% of cases, but with small metastases.You can count on the success of treatment in the early diagnosis of metastases.
Long-term results after radical surgery is not comforting.Forecast of kidney cancer after nephrectomy: the survival rate for five years up to 70%.Like this?Share with friends and acquaintances: