There are very serious disease, for some time manifest themselves so commonplace that often leads to a tragic end, at first glance, quite unexpectedly.These include the symptoms of amyloidosis which is virtually indistinguishable from the symptoms of other, less serious, diseases.
patient is examined for months then one, then the other experts, the diagnosis, treatment is prescribed, and the person dies before our eyes.Why does this happen and what kind of disease is this - amyloidosis?
What is amyloidosis?Its characteristics and causes of
Correct to talk about a whole group of diseases united by one name - amyloidosis, since there are several types of this debilitating disease.Amyloidosis - The expressed disturbances of protein metabolism in the body, when deposited amyloid in the organs and tissues - a special protein-polysaccharide complex, initially impeded and later - and at blocking their work, which leads first to a gradual dysfunction, and then - to the complete withering away of the pat
Amyloidosis is classified not only for reasons of origin, but also on the degree of involvement in the pathological process of individual organs (then talk about the local form), and several vital organs (in this case we are talking about systemic amyloidosis).Pathology itself is of three types:
- primary AL-amyloidosis, which is considered the most difficult to diagnose because of the lack of a clear picture of any abnormalities in the blood formula.Most often it affects kidney, heart, nervous system and digestive tract;
- secondary AA-amyloidosis, occurring against the background of rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, ileitis (Crohn's disease), tuberculosis, number of infectious diseases.A favorite target of AA-amyloidosis - kidney.Also, the disease affects the heart, but the amyloidosis of the spleen is diagnosed relatively rarely.
- Hereditary AF-amyloidosis, which suffer from the representatives of certain nationalities (Swedes, Finns, Japanese, Portuguese) - a disease directly related to gene mutations.
Symptoms The symptoms of this disease do not have any specific features that made would suspect such a hard diagnosis only, for example, on the basis of complaints of the patient, a visual inspection or laboratory inspection data.The only exception is, perhaps, macroglossia - increase in language, but she is observed not more than 20% of patients whose diagnosis is primary amyloidosis, which has all three forms of the most unfavorable course.The main symptoms is severe and insidious disease are reduced to symptoms:
- rapid and severe emaciation;
- lethargy, feeling of constant fatigue and weakness;
- edemas varying degrees of severity;
- malfunction of the heart;
- digestive disorders (pain in the stomach, diarrhea, constipation);
- enlarged liver.
These complaints of feeling unwell usually impose very many patients, so it is difficult amyloidosis - diagnosis is not easy and requires a doctor's special care and great knowledge.
Diagnosis and treatment
It is the whole problem: it requires not only the results of the routine methods of examination, which can be obtained in any clinic, but also special - biopsy, in which punctate is taken directly from the affected organs and examined for amyloid load.
To date, little progress in the fight against amyloidosis medicine is not reached, so it is incurable.Treatment is supportive, aimed at improving the activity of the affected organs, for example, if diagnosed with renal amyloidosis - Treatment is carried out in order to avoid reducing their function and the development of chronic renal failure, from which, in fact, the sick and the dying.As is the case with other agencies involved in the pathological process.
symptoms of amyloidosis - the usual, and the outcome - tragic.We can only hope that medicine ever find treatment for this terrible disease.