Infectious-toxic shock (endotoxin, bakterostatichesky, sepsis, bacterial) - called urgent and life-threatening condition caused by the influence on the human body of living pathogens and their biologically active substances.
Infectious-toxic shock syndrome manifested by a complex of pathological reactions in the activities of all organs and systems of violation of vital functions: breathing, blood circulation, blood coagulation system.
It can develop on the background of bacteria (anthrax, dysentery, plague, typhoid fever, meningococcal), virus (hemorrhagic fever, flu) infections, as well as complicate fungal, spirohegenoznyh and rickettsial diseases.
The disease in children and the elderly can also occur on the background of chronic inflammatory diseases, caused by Bacteroides species, aerobakterom, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella, or Proteus.
symptoms of toxic shock syndrome to the clinical picture of septic shock is characterized by a combination of symptoms of systemic infection and acu
At the same time there is a severe headache, confusion, motor excitation, vomiting, cramps.
Currently, clinicians are three phase disease:
- Compensated shock - consciousness is clear, there may be a restlessness, anxiety occur.Certainly warm.Breath of learning.Tachycardia up to 100 - 120 beats per minute.
- Subcompensated - patients inhibited, apathetic.The skin is pale, wet and cold to the touch.Many patients have akrotsianoz.The temperature they often critically reduced to subnormal values.Dyspnea pronounced.Tachycardia up to 160 beats per minute.Blood pressure low.The amount of urine is reduced, until the development of anuria.Disturbances in the blood coagulation system, leading to the appearance of the skin and mucous hemorrhages, as well as to the occurrence of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Decompensated infectious toksicheskiy- patient is in a state of complete prostration.It may cause seizures.Some patients may fall into a coma.Shortness of breath sharply increases.Pronounced total cyanosis.Hypothermia.Blood pressure is dramatically reduced and can not be determined.Pulse over 160 beats per minute, threadlike.Anuria.
Symptoms in various diseases
- Hemorrhagic fever, meningitis - leading to the clinical picture of a hemorrhagic syndrome;
- Flu - toxic shock usually develops on the background of joining a bacterial infection;
- Leptospirosis - occurs at the beginning of treatment with antibiotics and caused massive loss of bacteria in the blood and the release of their endotoxins.
- toxic shock arising on a background of women use tampons, is characterized by pain in the throat, the appearance of skin redness and rashes on her.
First aid in infectious-toxic shock
septic shock - a life-threatening patient's urgent conditions requiring immediate medical attention.
patient with the disease should be laid.If the skin of the lower extremities cold, something for rewarming uses heating pads.Be sure to establishing supply humidified oxygen and establish urinary and venous catheters.The further treatment is carried out under the guidance of a doctor.
main goals of treatment are:
- recovery of microcirculation;
- correction of metabolic acidosis;
- normalization of hemostasis;
- correction function of all organs.
All remedial measures in case of septic shock should be carried out simultaneously, rather than sequentially.