Blockage of the lower extremities often accompanies the running state of varicose veins.Small spider veins, leg swelling, discomfort and feeling of heaviness in the legs are the early signs of the disease.
When expressed pain, cramps in the calf muscles, the legs change color, as well as swelling of the vessels is necessary not to delay treatment, or possible blockage of veins in the legs, the progression of trophic changes, severe swelling.Often these symptoms develop on the background of metabolic disorders, obesity, maintaining a sedentary lifestyle, hormonal changes.It is worth noting that the blockage of veins in the legs often pursues bedridden patients who have significantly reduced the intensity of blood flow, as well as long-term immobilization of a limb.
What are the symptoms characteristic of the disease?
Occlusion of the venous system is called thrombosis.This pathology can lead to local or even systemic transformations blood flow system in the body.However, this so-called deep veins
The main features of venous congestion should read:
- sharply arisen severe swelling hips, shins or feet;
- swelled Vienna on foot;
- hurts Vienna on foot: the pain crushing, Expander character, which increases with the load, and may subside when giving foot exalted position;
- painful sensations in the lower limbs: itchy veins in the legs;
- manifested blue skin legs.
If burst Vienna on foot, you need to identify the cause of the incident.This may be a trauma, and frostbite, and unsuccessfully performed cosmetic procedure.However, almost always burst veins in the legs with varicose.This problem may be exacerbated with the passage of time.
of venous thrombosis is associated not only with the risk of trophic changes in the affected locations, but also bears a danger to life through the pulmonary artery.This complication involves hit of the separated parts of a thrombus or blood flow through the pulmonary artery, often causing death.Given the lack of expressed symptoms of the complications in a third of patients, as well as the similarity of clinical signs with other pathologies of the cardiovascular system and lungs, treatment of thrombosis should start immediately.
course of treatment
If there is blockage of veins doctor may prescribe a course of medical treatment.The drugs aimed at reducing the risk of complications, and the emergence of new clots.There are some groups of drugs in thrombosis of the lower extremities:
- direct anticoagulants, which prevent the occurrence of blood clots and may be prescribed for the purpose of prevention of thrombosis;administered subcutaneously or as a dropper;
- indirect anticoagulants, the active substance in the body that comes in tablets.All coagulants can cause bleeding, thus have a number of contraindications and are used only under medical supervision;
- thrombolytic drugs are prescribed for the resorption of blood clots formed.However, these drugs are limited in their application due to the high risk of complications.
for preventing the development of thrombosis and blood clots formed from the separation vessel walls used cava filters.They are placed into the lumen of the inferior vena cava by performing incision under local anesthesia.
With the ineffectiveness of conservative treatment, the high probability of complications is performed under general anesthesia surgery to remove a blood clot (thrombectomy).At the same time after surgery is quite high probability of disease recurrence.To counter the re-thrombosis patient is prescribed a course receiving heparin.
Given the complexity of the treatment of venous congestion, as well as the gradual development of varicose veins of the lower limbs, you must be attentive to their health.A common question is "how to remove the veins in the legs" involves the use of conservative and operative methods, without bringing the matter before the thrombosis.
It should be noted that these methods of removing the affected veins as radiofrequency ablation and laser ablation are quite effective and painless.However, their applicability depends on the stage of development of the disease.