allergic to cats suffering from a lot of people.Most fans of these pets, faced with this problem, are wondering whether you can get a cat and do not suffer from allergies?First you need to understand why there is this reaction, and learn ways to treat it.
What causes allergies lie
Cats are twice as likely to cause allergies than dogs.Many people mistakenly believe that with such a problem as an allergy to wool symptoms are exactly the same as those for allergies to cats.However, in most cases, the causative agent of the disease becomes wool and the animal itself, regardless of whether he has long hair or short.
For reasons of allergy to cats include:
- proteins that are contained in the saliva and urine of an animal act as stimuli for the person suffering from allergies, as his immune system is usually reduced.Each allergen body includes protection in the case if the immune system is weakened, immediately are allergic to cats - symptoms while presented as a side reaction of the organism to fight stimuli;
- if you have a cat that walks on the street, with her hair in the house can get stronger germs, such as pollen, mold, dust or fluff.
Each person reacts differently to cats, so they can appear as multiple, and one of the following allergy symptoms:
- runny nose, nasal congestion;
- constant sneezing;
- irritability and tearfulness eyes;
- attacks similar to asthma (wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath);
- redness of the skin in the place where there was contact with a cat.
Symptoms of the disease may manifest itself differently: how immediately after contact with animals, and a few hours afterwards.About 30% of people suffering from asthma, observed at an exacerbation of symptoms after contact with a cat.
If you are unsure whether there is an allergy in an infant at the cat, you can check it with caution.Constant contact of the child with the allergen can be useful, as it gives the opportunity in the future to eliminate the disease from his life.It is important to know here that if the kid is prone to this ailment, and you notice it has any of the symptoms, it is recommended to protect any communication with animals.
If you do not know how to manifest allergic to cats and are not sure that you have exactly the problem, consult your doctor.Sometimes a cat may not be the culprit of allergic reactions.In most cases, the expert will offer just for a while to remove a cat from your environment, for example, to give to his family or friends.In addition, it will be necessary to hand over skin tests and blood tests.
You already know that you have it on the cat's disease: what to do - it's probably the first question you ask yourself.Basically, treatment is carried out by standard methods that are used as a complex or separately, depending on the manifestations of allergies in a patient.
Traditional treatments include:
- reception antihistamine - a remedy for allergies to cats that blocks chemicals that cause the onset of symptoms;
- use of decongestants.This medicine is taken only when complications in the form of edema or stagnation of mucus;
- administration of drugs that have the effect of eliminating the symptoms;
- application rate of allergic injections.
Actual question that bothers all allergies, which cats do not cause a reaction?No matter how sad it sounds, but there are cats in the world does not exist yet.It is believed that the Sphinx can safely live with allergies, so they do not have fur, but it is not - there is not a reaction because of the cat's fur, but because of his saliva, dead skin cells and urine.
That is why cats do not cause the disease, there are still a dream for pet lovers who have this health problem.