Anemia - a condition of the body, in which the blood contains low levels of hemoglobin.Also in this disease a reduction in the number of erythrocytes (or red blood cells).
There are several kinds of anemia, the most popular - the ones that are associated with iron deficiency, they accounted for approximately 90% of all anemias.Other of the most common species - anemia arising from chronic diseases associated with deficiency of folic acid or a lack of vitamin B12 (the so-called megalobastnye anemia), haemolytic and aplastic anemia.It is also possible with the combination of iron B12-deficient.In general, it accounts for about 10-20% of all types of the disease per share.
Very often there is also anemia in pregnancy - a disease during gestation baby is not uncommon.Since anemia has three forms of gravity, the light is the most insidious for a pregnant woman.The fact is that such symptoms of anemia practically does not show.To suspect it may be only in case of a pregnant skin is different too pale sh
Anemia can have a serious impact on fetal development at mother's condition, can influence the course of delivery.From the first weeks of pregnancy is necessary to take all possible preventive measures to prevent the disease.Symptoms of anemia
The most common symptoms of anemia arising from any form of the disease - is:
- fatigue, general weakness of the body;
- sleepiness, decreased performance;
- noise in the ears, headaches;
- Heart palpitations (alone and with little exertion of the body);
- Shortness of breath.
It should be remembered that the nature of complaints in patients, as well as the severity of symptoms of anemia vary according to the type, severity of the disease, the rate of development, as well as the individual characteristics of the individual patient.
Iron deficiency anemia
lack of iron in the body - is the most common cause of anemia and, because iron is the main component of hemoglobin.All stocks that are an essential element in its composition, as well as part of the myoglobin.Small amounts of iron exists in some connections - to the proteins ferritin and transferrin in the spleen, liver and bone marrow.
Anemia iron has the following features:
- Pale mucous membranes (most pronounced at the conjunctiva) and skin;
- Rapid heart rate (tachycardia);
- weakness, fatigue;
- puffiness or dryness of the tongue;
- desire to eat substances unfit for human consumption (for example, land, chalk, etc.).
Symptoms of aplastic anemia
Aplastic anemia - a blood disorder characterized by disturbance of the bone marrow's ability to carry out the production of blood cells.The earliest symptoms:
- general weakness of the body, dizziness;
- poor tolerability stuffy premises;
- of bleeding from the nose, gums, and gastrointestinal bleeding;
- deterioration of appetite and rapid weight loss;
- Increased body temperature;
- Ulcerative Stomatitis (characterized by the presence of multiple ulcers in the mouth, with a touch).
hemolytic form of the disease
This type of anemia is a disease in which the destruction of red blood cells (or red blood cells) is faster than the bone marrow time to them to turn out.This destruction process is called hemolysis (hence the name - hemolytic anemia).It can occur in both extracellularly (i.e., directly into the bloodstream) and intracellularly (i.e. in the spleen, liver or bone marrow).
Such signs of anemia are as follows:
- Yellowness and pale mucous membranes of the eyes and mouth, skin;
- dark urine;
- General weakness, fatigue, dizziness;
- Shortness of breath;
- Increased body temperature;
- The increase in the size of the liver, spleen.
B12 deficiency anemia and its symptoms
This group of diseases characterized by a deficiency of vitamin B12 income or violation of its metabolism.This anemia may be both congenital and acquired character.
develops B12-deficiency anemia is quite slow, can occur almost asymptomatic.Symptoms generally similar to other types of anemia, but are particularly common:
- blood Defeat;
- gastrointestinal lesions;
- defeat of the nervous system.
symptoms in children
Often hemoglobin level decreases and babies - mostly to the period between the third and sixth months.If a child is aborted - blood iron deficiency can be felt in the very first months of life.
Symptoms of anemia are different for adults and children.In addition, anemia in a child can not be identified immediately.The main symptoms of possible diseases:
- Pale mucous membranes and skin;
- Dry skin;
- appearance of sores, cracks in the corners of the mouth, smooth and shiny tongue;
- disruption of the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract (diarrhea, often - constipation);
- very fatigue, stiffness baby.
Symptoms of anemia hypochromic
This type of anemia often occurs quite gently.Most of the patients and did not notice any symptoms.At first, they become slightly pale, slow respiratory rate stabilized after strenuous exercise.
identify the disease at this stage can only be by means of laboratory analysis of blood of the patient.But over time, a shortage of iron may increase, leading to more pronounced symptoms:
- sharp deterioration of appetite;
- Difficulty swallowing;
- brittle nails;
- general weakness of the body;
- dizziness, tinnitus;
- Shortness of breath.
Remember that all types of the symptoms of anemia may resemble symptoms of other diseases (and not only the blood).So to see a doctor report any health violations.