or anemia Anemia is a complication of pregnancy, which occurs quite often.It characterized by a decrease in hemoglobin level and red blood cell count.
When the diagnosis of anemia - the cause of the disease in pregnant women is usually the same - it is the result of increased use of iron as well as the lack of compensation for deficiency of this substance through food.Due to lack of anemia can occur in a diet proteins and vitamins.
Signs of anemia in pregnancy
In most cases, anemia in pregnancy appears on the period after 20 weeks.Among its features include:
- general deterioration of health (weakness, fatigue, dizziness);
- shortness of breath;
Pregnant complain of these symptoms with moderate to severe disease, anemia 1 degree during pregnancy is usually asymptomatic (the disease is detected after a blood test study).
Anemia during pregnancy is divided into three degrees of severity, which are determined by the level of hemoglobin in the blood.Mild index of 110-90 g / l,
Anemia in pregnancy: implications
Asked than dangerous anemia in pregnancy can be answered unequivocally, the disease adversely affects both during pregnancy and at childbirth and the postpartum period.The disease is often accompanied by a late toxicosis - increases the likelihood of premature birth.
Anemia during pregnancy can lead to weakness of labor and increased risk of blood loss.It also reduces the production of breast milk.For the mother of the fetus threatens to delay the development of anemia, because there is an insufficient supply of nutrients and oxygen.In most cases, this leads to low birth weight.
Anemia in infants often occurs due to iron deficiency in the mother during pregnancy.
Anemia in pregnancy: diagnosis
To diagnose pregnant need to be examined in the antenatal clinic.
- number of red blood cells and hemoglobin, hematocrit, color index;
- iron content and its metabolism, total protein and protein fractions.
Anemia in pregnancy: treatment
Effective treatment of anemia is important to know some rules:
- iron deficiency anemia in pregnancy is not treated just the right diet that includes foods rich in iron.It is also important to take iron preparations as the substance of which is absorbed into the body of a pregnant 15-20 times more than from the food;
- diet must be complete and contain the required amount of vitamins, protein and iron.It is useful to use meat products.Diet with anemia looks like this: meat (120-200 g) or fish (150-250 g), eggs, dairy products (up to 1 kg), fats (80-100 g).Also, do not forget about the fruits and vegetables, their daily consumption - about 800 g, and they need to eat not only cooked, but raw.It can be carrots, cabbage, turnip or apples;
- iron supplements can be taken in the form of pills or tablets.The most commonly used are Aktiferrin, tardiferron, ferric sulfate, ferropleks et al. Also in the treatment of anemia complex preparations can be used, which contain not only iron, but also other useful minerals and vitamins.For pregnant and are ideal fenyuls Pregnavit.Iron injections are used only for severe disease or intolerance of preparations intended for internal use;
- usually anemia, iron therapy takes a long period, so do not expect a sharp improvement tests in the first days and weeks of treatment.hemoglobin level rises only at the end of the third week after the start of the reception.However, it should be noted that the general condition of the pregnant woman will improve much earlier;
- can not stop taking iron supplements after normalization of hemoglobin levels in the blood, as it does not mean that the iron stores in the female body recovered.That treatment was effective after 2-3 months of therapy is terminated - just reduce the drug dose of 2 times.
Hemolytic anemia, as well as other kinds of anemia, require prophylaxis in pregnant women with a high probability of its development.These include:
- women who have previously had anemia;
- women with chronic infectious diseases or diseases of the internal organs in the chronic form;
- mothers of large families;
- pregnant women whose hemoglobin level was below 120 g / l to 12 weeks gestation;
- pregnant, hatching more than one fetus;
- pregnant women with toxemia;
- women for many years with abundant menstruation, which lasted more than 5 days.
As a precaution appointed oral iron in small doses (1-2 tablets daily) for 6 months, starting from the second trimester of pregnancy.In addition, pregnant in the diet is necessary to increase the consumption of meat.