Anemia is called the reduction of hemoglobin per unit volume of blood, often while reducing the number of red blood cells.Currently, more than 400 describes different types of diseases.
disease Despite the diversity of species, there are only three of its mechanism of development:
- Violation erythropoiesis (production of red blood cells red bone marrow);
- shortening the life of red blood cells, or hemolysis (destruction);
- acute or chronic bleeding.
Some types can be combined with each other such mechanisms.
Iron deficiency anemia
Iron - a hypochromic anemia that occurs as a result of an absolute reduction of iron resources in the body.The causes of this form are:
- Lack of iron in the diet;
- Chronic blood loss (menstruation, gastric bleeding, etc.);Violation
- iron absorption in the gastrointestinal tract (gastric resection and / or bowel anatsidny gastritis, malabsorption syndrome, etc.);
- Increasing the body's need for iron (pregnancy, worm infestation).
What are the causes of anemia in pregnancy?
Anemia is a common pathology complicates the course of pregnancy.The causes of the disease during pregnancy are the following factors:
- Early toxemia and high estrogen levels inhibit the absorption from the gastrointestinal iron, phosphorus, magnesium and many other trace elements necessary for blood formation process.
- increased iron consumption.The body of mother gives the child all the necessary material to him, even if he himself missed them.
- In the body, many women of childbearing age before pregnancy already have iron deficiency, caused by heavy periods or frequent childbirth.
Causes of anemia in adults and children
In adults, the disease can be influenced by a variety of reasons.The most common disease in adults develop against various ailments and so are secondary.
Pathological decrease in hemoglobin in the blood can result from bleeding, iron deficiency in the body, not the body's ability to absorb iron and some vitamins, hereditary diseases and other factors.
Children often observed iron deficiency anemia.The main reasons for their development are:
- Eating disorders;
- worm infestation;
- gastrointestinal disease.
Anemia in infants often develop when translated to artificial feeding.This is due to the fact that cow's milk protein is very poorly absorbed by the body baby.In addition, the cow's milk vitamins and iron content less than women.
Treatment of anemia in children is necessary.Because hemoglobin is the oxygen carrier and its lack of developing oxygen starvation of the body of the child, in which the central nervous system suffers the most.
Why there is hypochromic anemia?
called hypochromic anemia, in which as a result of low blood hemoglobin color index less than 0.8.The causes of hypochromia in the general analysis of blood are:
- iron deficiency;
- Chronic lead poisoning;
- Violations recycling and synthesis of porphyrins;
- Various thalassemia;
- Hypovitaminosis B6;
- Some chronic diseases that lead to the disruption of iron metabolism.
view Hemolytic disease
hemolytic anemia called a large group, characterized by a decrease in the average length of life of erythrocytes.
Hemolytic anemia can be caused by a wide variety of reasons.In some cases, the disease is caused by infectious agents or certain medications that cause the destruction of red blood cells.
cause hemolytic anemia can snakebite, stinging insects, severe stress and even some food.There
and autoimmune hemolytic anemia.When their patient's immune system mistakenly recognizes its own red blood cells as foreign cells and attacks them actively.