anemia - a painful condition of the body, which is characterized by a decrease in red blood cell mass.The most common iron deficiency anemia.The characteristic of this condition is the presence of iron depletion in the human body.
Hemolytic anemia occupies among all diseases 5.3% of cases, among anemic conditions - 11.5%.The structure of hemolytic anemia consists mainly of hereditary diseases.
Causes of iron deficiency anemia
The causes of iron deficiency include:
- iron deficiency at birth.In this risk group includes children born prematurely and children of mothers who had anemia during pregnancy;
- insufficient intake of iron from food, as well as violation of iron absorption in the gastrointestinal tract.Since iron can be absorbed in the duodenum and jejunum, the diseases such as chronic enteritis, or violation of intestinal absorption, can become an obstacle to this;
- increased need for iron because of the growth, maturation of various organs, increase blood volume.It is important to get enough iron dose in adolescence, and girls during the occurrence of menstruation.
- excessive loss of iron.This is a different blood loss: digestive tract diseases (peptic ulcer, polyps), worms or heavy menstruation.It is also possible to observe the excessive loss of iron with pronounced skin allergies of the skin and frequent colds.
Symptoms of the disease, depending on the speed of development of iron deficiency anemia and its duration will be expressed and symptoms of this condition.There are cases where iron deficiency anemia has an average weight, but asymptomatic.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anemia - is fatigue, shortness of breath, heart palpitations.Very often the patient complains of dizziness and headache, and tinnitus.Fainting may occur.In addition, there is irritability, disturbed sleep and decreased concentration.
There are problems with the gastrointestinal tract - decreased appetite, nausea, change the nature and frequency of stool.
main symptom is anemia, pale skin.However, this feature is sometimes difficult to determine due to the nature of color.Therefore, experts have resorted to a more informative symptom of the disease state - pale visible mucous.For example, oral mucosa of the conjunctiva and the eyelids.
Prolonged iron deficiency can be accompanied by a perverted appetite and sense of smell, when a person wants to eat chalk and sniff petrol.In addition, one can observe a crack over the lips and tongue, and brittle nails.When such a problem as iron deficiency anemia, the disease often occurs SARS, which further exacerbates the deficiency of iron.
Methods of treatment of iron deficiency anemia
In the presence of such a disease state, treatment of anemia, iron supplementation is carried out.The main purpose of this therapy - to eliminate iron deficiency, rather than simply increase the level of hemoglobin.Duration of the treatment is usually long and is not less than 3 months.
Iron supplements should be taken with food.A echenie iron deficiency anemia in children is also accompanied by the reception of these drugs, but in liquid form, for example, or Aktiferrin Maltofer.In addition, you should pay attention to the power of a child suffering from anemia.
products for anemia
When you need to increase the level of iron in the body, you need to pay attention primarily on its absorption and assimilation, rather than its content in certain products.Cereals, vegetables and fruits are bad food for iron.The diet should have a large number of products such as beef tongue, beef and rabbit meat.If both eat fruits and vegetables with meat, liver and fish, it can improve the absorption of iron.
To increase absorption of iron from food plant, it is necessary to use ascorbic acid, meat products, poultry, fish and substances that lower the acidity of the food, such as lactic acid.It is recommended to exclude from your diet tea, coffee, nuts, legumes, and soy protein.
There is also an intramuscular injection of drugs, but it is performed only on strict conditions, so they can develop local and systemic side effects.
Indications to this embodiment, the treatment of anemia:
- digestive tract diseases;
- intolerance of preparations containing iron, given by oral administration.
Prevention of disease is very important to the prevention of the disease to women during childbearing as anemia in pregnancy can lead to the birth of a baby with the same problem as that of the mother.
When diagnosis of pernicious anemia - a diet will help save the situation.Enrich your table products such as beef, a variety of cereals, liver, sardines, spinach, white cabbage, melon, turnip, etc..