MR angiography - a modern method of obtaining an image of vessels of various organs with the help of a special device.This technique provides a fairly accurate picture of the performance and features of the structure of the vascular system of the study area, which helps to establish an accurate diagnosis and in planning surgery on vessels, as well as to monitor the effectiveness of the operation.
for its implementation requires a certain equipment - magnetic resonance imaging, as well as the availability of a highly qualified professional for interpretation of diagnostic results. safe procedure, it passes completely painless, and allows you to define or clarify the diagnosis of heart disease, kidney disease, stroke, vascular dystonia, diabetes and many other diseases associated with vascular pathology.
What can detect
- Atherosclerotic changes in the vascular wall;
- narrowing and occlusion;
- Extension, thinning or layering of the vascular wall;
- presence of congenital heart defects;
- Pathological conditions of vessels caused by their inflammation.
In some cases, studies have been conducted?
for magnetic resonance angiography, as well as for any research method can be its contraindications:
- Overweight (depending on the device).
- presence in the body of the implant from metal (can distort image quality).
- presence of a pacemaker (possible malfunction of the device or reduce the quality of the study).
- Pronounced claustrophobic patient (fear or discomfort when you are in a confined space).
- pregnancy, especially during the first trimester.
- Decompensated heart failure.
- condition in which the patient can not lie still for a long time (mental disorders, severe pain, and others.).
- general grave condition of the patient.
Before undergoing MR angiography, the patient in writing, indicating the presence of objects in his body of metal or ferro-alloys.It may be a plate, intrauterine devices, pacemakers and artificial joints.It should also tell your doctor about the presence of allergic reactions to drugs, and indicate what it is.
patient is released immediately before the procedure of all things, containing a part of the metal - removable jewelry, clothing with buttons, glasses and dentures.
Compliance with special diets or temporary abstinence from food is not required.Receiving drugs also affect the course of MR angiography.To relieve tension when claustrophobia that may occur, you can take a sedative.
The patient is placed on the table, and placed in a special magnetic resonance chamber, which is in a separate room.But the doctor and the screen, which displays the image is in the next room.All of the research requires that the patient stay still.Sometimes it may be asked to hold your breath briefly.
The information is recorded and processed by computer.Duration of treatment is 30 to 90 minutes.The results take the form of two-dimensional or three-dimensional image.
The use of contrast medium in the method of diagnosis is usually not required.However, problems with cerebrovascular disease or cancer contrast can be used to obtain a clearer picture.
What is the advantage technique
- high definition picture;
- painless and safe (no exposure);
- speed of execution;
- procedure without the use of contrast medium is noninvasive, and when it is used maloinvaziva (medication injected into the cubital vein);
- relatively affordable cost;
- no need for a long-term training;
- small number of contraindications;
- after passing through the patient is in need of rehabilitation activities, using a contrast agent is recommended during the first days after the diagnosis to drink 1.5 liters of fluid.