Gonorrhea is still a fairly common disease.So on the basic statistical data at the moment of this disease affects about 200 million adults.
«What is gonorrhea?How does it manifest itself?What tests for gonorrhea exist? "- These are the issues that will be discussed in this article.
Gonorrhea and the main features of her illness
Gonorrhea - an infectious disease belonging to the group of venereal disease, which is transmitted through sexual contact and is followed by the defeat of the structures of the genitourinary system.
Gonorrhoea is diplococcus Neisseria gonorrhoeae, having a specific bean-shaped and is located inside the cell.The source of infection is a sick person or bacillicarriers.The transfer is carried out via three paths:
- sex when during intercourse is a transfer of infection from infected to healthy partner, with the gonococcus can be caught absolutely in all types of sexual contact;
- household when infected infection occurs when using common household items and hygiene: towels, underwear and bed linen, bath sponges;
- vertical - a migration path of infection from an infected pregnant mother to the fetus, which can lead to blindness, followed gonoblennorei formation.
description of the clinical picture of gonorrhea
While infecting gonococcus is the development of inflammation in the mucous membranes of the urogenital system, rectum, oropharynx, conjunctiva eyes.Gonorrhea can occur in men with clinical urethritis, prostatitis, orchitis, epididymitis.In females, this infection is most often seen cervicitis, urethritis, cystitis.
first signs of infection develop within 3-7 days from the time of the penetration of the pathogen.Then there is the full development of the clinical picture, which displays do not go away in 3-4 weeks.After this period, there comes a full recovery or recovery with the presence of residual symptoms or the infection becomes chronic.
The clinical picture of gonorrhea there is a triad of symptoms that are always present in these patients:
- burning and itching, worse during urination;
- feeling of pain that occurs when you urinate;
- presence of purulent discharge dirty - yellow.
The presence of these three symptoms, even without any research helps suspected gonorrhea!
Diagnostic search for gonorrhea
diagnosis "gonorrhea" is exposed on the basis of specific complaints of the disease of the patient, the information and life history of the disease and the results of instrumental examination.And tests for gonorrhea in men does not fundamentally differ from tests for gonorrhea in women.
So to establish this disease use the following studies:
- urinalysis and blood tests for gonorrhea, which will have a change of place, indicating the presence of inflammation in the body (increased number of white blood cells, especially neutrophilfaction, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate).It should be remembered that the blood on gonorrhea, please take them on an empty stomach, and preferably in the morning!
- blood chemistry;
- bacterioscopy mazka- is the most widely used method, the specificity is 90%.To carry out this study need to take a swab from the urethral discharge in men and women - vaginal, cervical and urethra.Smears in men has some differences compared to the wall material in the female because of the features of the anatomical structure.Strong Fence material in half of those held by a special probe, which is inserted into the urethra.This procedure is quite painful and unpleasant.After cooking, smear, spend their Gram staining and microscopy.While viewing the resulting product with the help of magnification can be seen, bean-shaped diplococci, painted in blue on a background of bluish cytoplasm;
- culture method or conduct bacteriological crops on special nutrient media, through which reveals the growth of the bacterial culture in one way or another is determined by the environment and sensitivity to different types of antibiotics;
- immunosorbent assay, whereby identified antigens and antibodies to the gonococcus, which allows to determine the stage of the disease;
- PCR - diagnosis - the most accurate and fast method for determination of the causative agent of gonorrhea is based on the detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae DNA in the test material.The reliability of the method is 95%!
Analysis of the results
The absence of gonorrhea can talk to if not detected antigens and DNA gonorrhea, crop gave no growth of the culture, microscopy is not identified pathogen in a smear.
In the case of the detection of antigens, DNA elements and themselves gonococci in the smear, as well as the growth of a culture on nutrient media can be safely put the diagnosis "gonorrhea".
diagnosis of gonorrhea is not any difficulties, but the disease is better to prevent than to cure!