disease, arterial hypertension - a condition where the blood pressure in the arteries exceeds normal value.On the basis of constantly high blood pressure often develop different diseases and possible death.Medicine proved that people suffering from this disease, with no lack of effective treatment are subject to strokes and heart attacks, heart failure and renal failure.The disease has virtually no symptoms other than headaches in some patients.
Causes of disease is defined as the degree of imbalance of vascular constriction and fluid volume in the body's systems.For example, sodium excretion may be impaired as a result of kidney disease.The presence of tumors contributes to the uncontrolled production of hormones that cause sodium retention or vasoconstrictor substance.The result is a long-term increase in blood pressure, leading to rupture of blood vessels.When atherosclerosis is reduced elasticity of arterial walls, therefore, increases the load on the heart, and it increases in size.
sometimes cause hypertension manage to resolve by restoring impaired blood supply to the kidneys or complete removal of the affected kidney, as well as through surgical removal of the tumor.
degrees of hypertension Hypertension
- 1 degree (low risk) means that over the next 10 years the probability of complications of cardiovascular nature of the patient is less than 15%.Systolic pressure is 140 - 160, diastolic - 90 - 100.
- Hypertension grade 2 (moderate risk) involves 15 - a 20% possibility of developing cardiovascular complications within the next 10 years.Systolic blood pressure is the value of 160 - 180, diastolic - 100 - 110.
stage 3 hypertension
stages of hypertension with possible transition from one to the other is the deterioration of the forecast of disease with accompanying deterioration of the patient's condition.
- The first stage marked a slight increase in blood pressure.Hypertensive crises - a rare phenomenon.Increased cardiac borders can be determined only by means of ECG and ultrasound.
- For the second stage is characterized by unstable elevated blood pressure.Increased border hearts are already being felt, crises happen more often.There have been signs of brain damage, heart and kidneys.
- The third stage is the most dangerous - much high blood pressure leads to an obvious target organ damage.Disturbed vision, neurological symptoms appear, there is a cardiac and renal failure.
Symptoms and signs
symptoms of hypertension determined by the form of the disease and the stage of hypertension.
most commonly hypertension in the initial stages are asymptomatic.Once the target organs are affected, immediately manifested the first symptoms of the disease.The disease primarily affects the heart, the left wall thickening podzheludochka responsible for pumping blood through the systemic circulation.Then, changes occur in the blood vessels and blood supply appear disorders of internal organs.
Transient headaches and visual disturbances, headache, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, dizziness, pain in the heart are the main symptoms suggestive of arterial hypertension development.These symptoms are most clearly expressed at hypertensive crises.
Further symptoms prove disruption of target organs.So, starting to develop cardiac and renal failure, ischemic heart disease, hypertensive encephalopathy symptoms appear, there is a disturbance of vision.However, patients are not in a hurry to visit a doctor because they do not give due importance to all signs.
features of the disease in children
Hypertension in children is between 1 and 3% of the total child population.For children is characterized by a steady increase in blood pressure greater than 95th percentile based on the individual child sex and age.This is measured in accordance with the monogram or tables, but normal blood pressure rates in the first place depends on the child's weight and height.
role of hypertension in school awareness
School arterial hypertension is a cycle of 8 lessons of 90 minutes are devoted to the important issues of control of hypertension with the active participation of the patient.Classes cover such topics.
- Understanding hypertension.
- Healthy Eating for a given ailment.
- Physical activity and health.
- harm of smoking.
- Influence of stress.
- treatment of disease.
How is the disease?
Treatment of hypertension without drugs involves dieting, in which the limited consumption of food fats, salt, carbohydrate, as well as smoking cessation, stress management, physical activity daily.lifestyle adjustments in terms of health is given special attention.
The aim of medicinal treatment is a gradual reduction in blood pressure with full elimination of its causes.At the beginning of treatment is recommended mono- or combination therapy.If monotherapy is ineffective, preference is given to low-dose combinations of antihypertensive agents.First, specialists prescribe such agents, which are able to effectively reduce the risks of non-fatal strokes and heart attacks, and the likelihood of death.
Well-proven fosinopril in the treatment of this disease.To reduce the risk of treatment should start with small doses, taking the drug at night.Patients with acute course of taking the drug hypertension is under the strict control of the pressure.For maximum effect, recommended a gradual increase in dose every day.