Papillary kidney cancer is a tumor in the kidney malignancy that develops from the transition of epithelial tissue in the kidney and renal pelvis is about 165 of all tumors of the upper urinary channels.
This disease is considered polyetiological.Along with hematogenous and lymphatic metastasis, it can produce implantation metastasis in bladder or ureter.For this reason, the development of papillary renal pelvis cancer treatment is becoming the main way to nefrureterektomiya.
important in the development of the disease plays a genetics and heredity. addition increases the risk of developing the disease with uncontrolled use of analgesics, diuretics, under the influence of radiation on the body, with smoking and alcohol abuse.
Adverse factors that contribute to the formation of the transformation of epithelial cells include hypertension, diabetes, obesity, prolonged hemodialysis.Papillary cancer in the kidney is not the first stages of development is considered to be a benign lesion, but later becomes
shown during tumor development in the pelvis
Almost 25% of patients the disease is asymptomatic.But in most cases developed hematuria.In a third of cases, hematuria is complemented by aching pain in the lumbar region.Blockage of the ureter blood clot can cause renal colic.Only 10% of cases the disease develops the classic symptoms.Namely - the pain, hematuria, and a feeling of swelling in the abdomen.
This is important! usually aggregate these symptoms indicative of poor prognosis of treatment.Subsequently, there is weight loss, severe weakness of the body, rise in blood pressure and body temperature, anemia.
How is the diagnosis of pathology
At the time of implementation of the diagnostic measures a quarter of patients already formed metastases in the lymph nodes and distant organs from the kidney.Mainly affects the lungs, pleura, liver, bones and brain.
Differential diagnosis is carried out with an inflammation in the kidney, renal tuberculosis.For the diagnosis of tumor used:
- cytologic examination - is required to detect the presence of abnormal cells.
- Ultrasound diagnosis - informative way that is simply indispensable for detection of metastases.
- Urography - allows you to set the change of kidney shape, its deformation and impaired filling.
- MRI, CT scan - helps make obtaining three-dimensional images of the damaged organ and reduce exposure.
- Angiography - provides the ability to accurately identify the location of the tumor.
- Sonography - helps to establish the depth of tumor invasion into the layers of the renal pelvis.
- Ureteroscopy and cystoscopy - are required in order to exclude the presence of implantation metastasis in the ureter and bladder.If necessary, a biopsy is realized - that is, taking tissue samples for histological examination of the organization.
How is the treatment for confirming a diagnosis of cancer
The only effective method of treatment of the organization is considered a pathology nephrectomy, which involves removing the damaged organ, perinephric adipose tissue and regional lymph nodes.
This is important! In order to achieve greater effect of treatment before conducting an operation organized by embolization of renal artery.Due to the low sensitivity of tumor cells radiation therapy is used only in case of penetration of bone metastases.Chemotherapy is only required when contraindications for surgery.
Survival of patients over five years with no invasive tumors is approximately 90%.With the development of metastases or the inability to implement the operation forecasts are bad, and the survival rate is not more than three years.Like this?Share with friends and acquaintances: