hip arthritis - pathological changes in the eponymous joint.Coxitis second name comes from the Latin term «coxa» - thigh.The disease is characterized by inflammation in the joint cavity.
Causes and classification coxitis
The most frequent causes of the emergence and development of hip arthritis should include:
- autoimmune condition of the patient, in which the immune system directs its action against their own bodies.For example, rheumatoid arthritis of the hip joint is often accompanied by the immune system against aggression connective tissues.
- failures in the process of metabolism characterized by impaired metabolism and energy.For example, a common cause of arthritis is gout, followed by the accumulation of excess uric acid in the body, which is deposited in the joint cavity.
- Complications of any infectious diseases (acute and chronic).This reason does not apply to the most common.
- states pathological fatigue of the joints, caused by excessive exercise.
coxitis to classify depend
- Aseptic.Often arise against ankylosing spondylitis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- nonspecific.Is complicated by the appearance of purulent process.
- specifics.A common cause of the disease is tuberculosis, gonorrhea, syphilis.
- Infectious-allergic.Symptoms coxitis appear on the background of the body confrontation with infectious diseases (measles, dysentery).
- Reactive arthritis of the hip is a purulent form of the disease caused by the occurrence of urogenital or intestinal infection.
- addition, distinguish primary bone and primary synovial coxitis.
Symptoms depending on the underlying cause of inflammation and
nature of the hip arthritis symptoms may vary depending on the localization of the inflammatory focus, as well as the factors that triggered the disease.So, septic arthritis, the most common and strongly characterized by symptoms of intoxication: high fever, frequent fatigue, inability to perform usual proactive, unusual fatigue, sweating.
These symptoms are accompanied by characteristic of arthritis by pain in the affected joint, its swelling and redness surrounding skin (flushing).The temperature often reaches high values, the condition worsens with greater intensity than in other forms.
Rheumatoid arthritis of the hip joint is often manifested in the motion of the joint stiffness in the morning, the average intensity of pain and sometimes swelling in the affected area.A characteristic feature of arthritis, which occurs on the background of gout are frequent prolonged attacks of pain (up to 10 days), which as suddenly cease and alternate with periods of calm.
coxitis provoked by the presence in a patient of psoriasis as an autoimmune process, accompanied by peculiar bluish-purple coloring of the skin near the inflamed joint.In the pathological process may be involved lower parts of the spine, followed by pain in this area.
tuberculous arthritis of the hip in children begins with signs of tuberculous intoxication.Pain in the knees gradually moved to the hip joint, causing it to immobility, muscle wasting and possible shortening of the limb.
Common symptoms coxitis
In the clinical course of disease is dominated by the following symptoms that are similar for all forms of hip arthritis:
- Joint pain, often lower intensity in the early stages, rather than as the disease progresses.Sometimes painful manifestations is shifted to the knee.Purulent coxitis characterized by a sharp, shooting sensations.When tuberculosis etiology of pain is less pronounced, aching nature.
- All patients experience unusual stiffness in movement, the inability to rapidly straighten the affected joint.
- When pressed seen pain of varying intensity.
- At the initial stage of the disease often marked flattening of the natural skin folds in the hips (folds in the groin and buttocks are less pronounced than usual).
- As the progression of the disease may develop atrophy of the thigh and groin muscles.
- continuous flow of the disease can cause bone or fibrous ankylosis (immobility caused by abnormal splicing joint surfaces).
- development of lameness.
How to treat hip arthritis on the different stages of the disease?In the complex treatment coxitis should highlight some of the most important methods of phased:
- drug therapy;
- orthopedic therapies;
- surgery in joint integrity;
- spa treatment.
At the initial stage of the treatment of arthritis of the hip performed by ensuring complete immobility of joint compound through splints and plaster cots.systemic medication therapy Treatment aims to relieve inflammation and pain relief achievable using analgesics and anti-inflammatories.
Non-steroidal drugs can be combined with corticosteroids (usually by injection).When comorbidities purulent process in the affected joints of patients are assigned antibiotics.When to stop the inflammatory process potent medication means is not possible, use a surgical rehabilitation.The joint is opened and cleaned of pus and dead tissues.
After the relief of acute inflammation and healing approach used massages and therapeutic exercises aimed at improving joint mobility and stimulation of blood circulation in the stagnant immobility between tissues.The operation of the affected hip joint prosthesis is used as a last resort when helplessness these therapies.This may be necessary when running forms coxitis when treatment was not made on time.