Juvenile arthritis - is a concept that includes not one but several diseases which have a rheumatic character, and occur in childhood or adolescence:
- juvenile chronic;
- juvenile rheumatoid;
- arthritis, which is associated with the occurrence of intestinal diseases;
- juvenile ankylosing spondylitis.
As can be diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?
main criteria for issuing such a diagnosis are considered:
- patient's age should not exceed 16 years;
- duration of clinical articular manifestations of more than 3 months;
- should be excluded other possible diseases of the joints.
reasons, because of which there is juvenile arthritis in children, is not fully understood.But we know that the development of this joint pathology may run multiple factors.
In particular, the researchers suspect that some microorganisms and vaccines.Correlations have been found between the occurrence of arthritis in children and recently undergone a cold, and holding calendar vaccinations against measl
recorded cases where juvenile arthritis manifested after vaccination against hepatitis B. Other reasons may also include:
- joint injuries;
- prolonged hypothermia or long stay in the sun;
But it is important to understand that a key element in the development of arthritis is the body's hypersensitivity to the factors listed above.As a result, the action comes to an inadequate immune response that triggers the disease mechanism.
clinical manifestations of arthritis in children
Usually this disease affects large and medium-sized joints: the knee, elbow, ankle, etc.Characteristic is also the defeat of the spine in the cervical spine and temporomandibular joints.
child complains of pain, swelling, limited mobility of the affected joints.The skin over them is usually reddened and hot to the touch.
Common symptoms of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis also refers sometimes a significant increase in body temperature, especially in the morning.
temperature rise may be accompanied by fever, increased pain in the affected joints, the occurrence of allergic rashes on the body.The rash may be localized not only in the joints, but also spread throughout the body.It characterizes the speed of emergence and the rapid disappearance of the same.
usually suffer and internal organs With this in children.For heart disease is characterized by the occurrence of pain in the chest, feeling short of breath.Sick child is pale, in the fingers, nasolabial triangle - cyanosis.
If the disease struck the lungs, can be seen coughing and shortness of breath.A characteristic symptom of arthritis is swelling of the lymph nodes.There may be redness of the eyes, visual acuity decreases, there is photophobia, and lacrimation.
In severe cases of eye disease glaucoma may end, and even blindness.Long-term symptoms of juvenile arthritis - a child lag in the growth and development of osteoporosis.
Juvenile rheumatoid kind of children is confirmed on the basis of history, examination of the child and the data of laboratory studies:
- general and biochemical blood test;
- immunological blood tests;
- ultrasound examination of internal organs;
- screening for infection.
treatment of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis pursues several goals:
- inflammation suppression is achieved by receiving anti-inflammatory drugs: non-steroidal (diclofenac, nimesulide, etc.) and steroid hormones (glucocorticoids).
- struggle with systemic manifestations of the disease.
- usefulness of maintaining the functional joints.
- prevent further destruction.
- Achievement of stable remission and rehabilitation therapy, which is aimed at improving the quality of life of sick children.
clear pattern of juvenile arthritis prevention is not, because there is no clear evidence about the causes of its origin.
But adherence to the simple rules can reduce the frequency of relapses:
- need to avoid overcooling or overheating;
- without urgent need not to change the climate zone;
- try to protect the child from contact with infections and animals;
- immunizations to children with rheumatoid arthritis are contraindicated only exception is the Mantoux test.