Osteoarthritis - loss of cartilage tissue that covers the surface of joints.Most often the disease occurs in people whose age is more than 50 years, athletes and those who lead a very active lifestyle.
Almost ¾ of the population are shown certain signs of osteoarthritis in the knee, hip and spine.Disease has another name - deforming a view as in severe cases causes deformation of joints.
Like any other disease of the knee osteoarthritis is the cause of.
- artroza- most common cause of this injury: sprain, meniscus damage, fractured tibia.As a result, the knee may deform and change shape, leading to stagnation in the joint.
- In second place (50%) among the causes of deforming arthrosis of the knee joint - muscle spasms front thighs.To check the spasm, you lie on your stomach, bend the leg and pull your heel to the buttock.If the spasm is, it is impossible to do because of the pain occurred.Overweight
- in 10% of cases are due to arthrosis meniscus damage.
- Excessive physical activities that do not meet the age, 7% of the cases also.This is due to overloading of joints and cartilage destruction.
- Arthritis is accompanied by swelling of the knee joint and the accumulation of fluid in it.
- Another cause of osteoarthritis of the knee is a congenital weakness of the ligaments and impaired sensitivity in the legs with some nervous diseases.
- Impaired metabolism complicates the course of osteoarthritis.Step
the initial phase there is a change in the biochemical composition of synovial fluid meniscus and cartilage supply, resulting in loss of the ability to withstand the load of the joint, inflammation and pain.In the second stage the cartilage begins to break down, there is an infringement of the muscles.The third stage - a sharp view of the knee joint disease, which is accompanied by deformation of the bones and muscle tension.
There are many methods of how to cure arthritis.
- use of non-steroidal (non-hormonal) anti-inflammatory drugs: piroxicam, diclofenac, ketoprofen, indomethacin, phenylbutazone, meloxicam ... These drugs reduce inflammation and pain but do not cure.They are not recommended for long-term, since they lead to dehydration of the cartilage tissue, which accelerates the destruction.
- Application chondroprotectors (substances that restore cartilage structure) - glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate.They not only relieve the symptoms, but also restore the cartilage surface, increase the amount of joint fluid.These drugs are effective on 1 stage of the disease (although the effect does not occur immediately, sometimes you need to take a few courses), but the third - almost give no results.
- There are creams and ointment for osteoarthritis, but they do not cure, but only relieve pain.You can use the warming ointment to improve circulation (Menovazin, Espoli and others) or creams on the basis of non-steroidal agents (indomethacin, Voltaren Gel, debts Fastum gel).
- packs based Dimexidum (anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect), medical bile (resolving and warming effect) and bischofite (warming, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect).
- injections into the joint facilitate state, ie,used for emergency.Used corticosteroids (hydrocortisone, diprospan, tseleston).These drugs do not cure, well, improve the condition of the cartilage, blood flow is not restored, not strengthen bone, but only reduce inflammation.
- Physiotherapy and chiropractic help for 1-2 stages of the disease.
- use canes removes up to 40% of the load on the affected joint.The main principle: arthrosis of the knee joint of the right stick is held in his left hand, if the sore left foot, then right, to the weight of the patient was transferred to the joint on a cane.
- Therapeutic exercises, which strengthens muscles and improves circulation.Better before the training to consult an expert who will show the right set of exercises.
Prevention of disease is a primary (weight control, prevention of injuries, wearing proper shoes, moderate and regular physical activity) and secondary (proper nutrition, fitness and weight control).