Intrauterine malnutrition is a lag in the development of the fetus at any stage of pregnancy.In that case, if a pregnant woman is put such a diagnosis, it is understood that the natural period for the rate of growth of the child does not meet the average parameters.
This pathology can be both more pronounced the name - retardation syndrome fetus.
Varieties forms of intrauterine malnutrition
Depending on the nature of the deviations are distinguished:
- symmetrical shape, the main feature here is the same reduced size of internal organs, which does not correspond to the term of pregnancy.Such deviations are already noticeable in the first few months.Reveal lets them conduct routine ultrasound.Among the causes identified a number of the most common:
- chromosomal abnormalities,
- fetal malformations,
- developing intrauterine infection,
- lack of vitamins in the diet of the future mother,
- and bad habits (mostly smoking);
- asymmetric form that may develop in the later stages of pregnancy.The most likely manifestations of this disease after 28 weeks.
- distinguishing feature of asymmetric shape is different rate of growth of internal organs.And basically abnormal development or underdevelopment effect is on the internal organs and skeleton, head and limbs of the fetus can be quite healthy growth figures for its life.When ultrasound examination may show that the abdominal circumference is not correct, deviating up or down.It should be noted that this form is the most common.At birth, a child with this diagnosis is somewhat different than healthy children, as his limbs do not have a well-developed body fat and some are thin, and the skin is much more wrinkled.Among the causes of asymmetric forms of malnutrition secrete abnormal uterine mother, her endocrine diseases and hormonal disorders, as well as the lack of vitamins and unhealthy habits.
development lag Depending on how pronounced the development of pathology, there are three degrees of severity:
- intrauterine malnutrition I degree.In this case, the fetus shows signs of developmental delay of up to two weeks, based on the recognized standard values corresponding to the term of pregnancy, in which the pathology has been identified.However, for the most part of such a diagnosis will be provisional, since it might be the cause of the growth characteristics of the child or the constitutional addition, he received genetically from parents, as well as the discrepancy between the actual deadline set.The solution here may be additional tests, namely, conducting Doppler for the study of the placenta and its blood flow, as well as CTG, which is often administered after 32 weeks of pregnancy.
- intrauterine fetal hypotrophy II degree.Manifested lag of two to four weeks.This diagnosis was obviously talking about the problems and peculiarities of its own constitution of the child are not taken into account.A frequent companion of such a diagnosis is hypoxia, because the reason in both cases is a violation of the placental blood supply to function.Without inpatient treatment is not enough.
- intrauterine malnutrition III degree manifested fetal development delay of four weeks or more.This is the most difficult case is characterized by a significant depletion of the child.As a rule, such a diagnosis refers to the so-called "neglected" cases where an early examination was not detected more light the severity of the diagnosis.
methods of treatment and the possible consequences
Preliminary determination of possible malnutrition occurs mainly on the examination by a doctor, when making measurements of the height of standing uterus.In the case where the deviation values are determined at this stage of pregnancy, an ultrasound is required to conduct additional research that will confirm or refute the diagnosis.
Intrauterine fetal malnutrition rather difficult treatable, because it is a major cause of premature aging of the placenta.It is required to normalize the power to get rid of bad habits, and major efforts are directed to the treatment of placental insufficiency.
Effects of mild this disease is almost no effect on the health of the child.However, the most neglected level increases the risk of mental retardation baby.