With the development of human neovascular glaucoma initially there is an increase fibrovascular membranes on the trabecular meshwork.This angle is still open, but is blocked.Within a short time span the membrane undergoes contraction and starts closing the angle of the anterior chamber, causing a strong increase in intraocular pressure.
As a rule, the causative factor in the development of this form of the disease becomes chronic form of diffuse retinal ischemia.
Neovascular glaucoma is classified into three stages:
- rubeosis of the iris.Rubeosis develops as follows: on the perimeter edge of the pupil formed small tufts or bundles of red capillaries.Improper conduct of examination of the patient can be missed.These vessels grow across the surface of the iris, and the intraocular pressure remains at a satisfactory level.
- Open-angle glaucoma secondary type.Vessels continue to grow and strive to reach the root of the iris, then neovascular tissue covers the ciliary body and the scleral spur.The vessels start to branch out and form a fibrovascular membrane.
- Sinehialnaya closure glaucoma secondary type.It occurs closing angle over its entire circumference, so the intraocular pressure increases suddenly.Therefore, there is a sharp loss phenomena and formation of stagnation and pain.This stage is the last stage in the development of neovascular glaucoma.It differs from the other stages of the following features:
- strong deterioration of visual acuity;
- pain and stagnation injection;
- increased intraocular pressure and severe swelling of the cornea;
- suspension of blood in the moisture and propotevanie proteins belonging to the newly formed blood vessels;
- pronounced changes in the shape of the pupil, often accompanied by eversion due to reductions in the fibrovascular membrane.
This pathology is often characterized by the occurrence of asymptomatic or patients begin to complain about the presence of pain, redness of the eyes and the deterioration of the visual organs.
diseases The main objective of the process of the treatment of neovascular glaucoma - a reduction of pain, restoration of visual organs, though forecasts tend to remain unfavorable.Treatment is carried out in several ways, namely:
- Drug neovascular glaucoma therapy should begin with receiving beta-blockers, effectiveness of which is gradually reduced.Reduce the symptoms of inflammation helps topical administration of steroids and atropine.Also, topical treatment allows to remove eye irritation and eliminate the phenomenon of stagnation even with high intraocular pressure.In that case.when the patient's worries severe pain, or prior to surgery used osmotic diuretics and inhibitors of carbonic anhydrase with systemic action.
- Organization ablation of the retina during the development of neovascular glaucoma.The procedure is performed using a laser with adequate visualization of the fundus.
- Filtration methods of surgery in the affected eye neovascular glaucoma.This approach is considered as an option, when the visual acuity remains at a satisfactory level.
- tsiklodestruktsiya trans-scleral laser action with neovascular glaucoma is used to restore a normal level of intraocular pressure and to relieve symptoms of eye irritation.It is often used in combination with the drug treatment of the patient.
- Retrobulbariya used to relieve pain, but often leads to the omission of the affected eye.
- enucleation - a method used by physicians for the treatment of neovascular glaucoma only if there is no effect of other treatments.