Acute bronchitis - colds associated with inflammation in the bronchi and manifested by irritation of the mucous membrane, followed by swelling of the bronchial tubes.
Causes of acute bronchitis are viral infections (such as flu or cold), transmitted air - drop by or resulting from hypothermia, as well as various bacteria (eg streptococci).
If a patient develops acute bronchitis - diagnosis is based on patient complaints and findings on clinical examination.
In cases where the symptoms of acute bronchitis, develops, they characterize the defeat of the respiratory system (shortness of breath, the presence of a persistent cough, which may last for 10-20 days, the appearance of a large number of sputum), and signs of general intoxication.
Sputum can be both transparent yellow or green.There may be a fever accompanied by increased (up to 38-38,5 ° C) body temperature.If you develop acute bronchitis - treatment should compensate developing changes and prevent further spread of inflammation throughout
How to cure acute bronchitis
First of all, be aware that the treatment for acute bronchitis require complex, aimed both at fighting infection, and to restore the normal operation of the bronchi themselves.In acute viral bronchitis antibiotics are often inappropriate.
But left to "go away by itself" can not be a disease - it can become chronic.As well as children, the treatment of acute bronchitis in vzroslyhobyazatelno should be prescribed by a doctor after a thorough examination of the patient.
In those cases, when diagnosed with acute bronchitis - treatment provides for:
- weeks of bed rest;Access
- fresh and moist air;
- fluid intake in the form of heat, which allows dilution of sputum;
- Reception antitussive and mucolytic drugs;
- rubbing and compresses on the chest and on the back;
- At high temperature - antipyretic agents.
Antibiotics for acute bronchitis is prescribed only when a prolonged form and if the following symptoms:
- If the body temperature is above 38-38,5 ° C for 3 or more days;
- When shortness of breath;
- When purulent sputum;
- When expressed general intoxication.
prescribed these drugs should be based on the sensitivity of potential pathogens to antimicrobial therapy facilities, and duration of treatment should be supervised by a physician - non-compliance with this rule is likely to develop microorganisms that have developed resistance to antibiotics, making them useless purpose in the future.
Treatment of acute bronchitis folk remedies
Treatment of acute bronchitis folk remedies should be aimed at restoring the body's defenses, eliminate inflammation and intoxication, the elimination of the local bronchoconstriction and restore normal secretion of mucus.
For these purposes can be used a variety of medicinal plants:
- To combat the virus need to brew a mother-and-stepmother, chamomile and St. John's wort.The broth is prepared in a water bath at a ratio of 4 Art.spoon collection to 1 liter of water.
- To get rid of sputum is recommended to drink at night and a decoction of the roots and leaves of the plantain.He is also preparing a water bath, in the following ratio: 2 tablespoons.spoons of dry mix to 1 cup of water.For the same purpose shall be appointed for acute bronchitis inhalation.
- It may be a two-component solution (salt, soda and water), and may have a more complex composition (a mixture of herbs, a variety of medicines and mineral water).
conducted inhalation for acute bronchitis at least 5 times a day for 5-7 minutes.The duration of such procedures - at least 5 dney.3.V period of treatment should take vitamins.
The first is vitamin C. Therefore, during the day is recommended to drink a decoction of rose hips and lemon tea, which contain large amounts of this vitamin.In addition, well-heats the bronchial tubes inside the hot milk with honey.
Drug therapy provides for the appointment:
- Antiviral drugs - interferon, ribavirin, immunoglobulin
- Cold preparations - codeine kofeks, sinekod.When exhausting cough: salbutamol
- Expectorants - Pertussin, mukaltin.
- Mucolytic drugs - Bronhikum, Erespal, ambroxol, Lasolvan, Ascoril.
- Antibiotics (in complicated form of the disease) - azithromycin, erythromycin and oleandomycin.
is equally important to know not only how to treat acute bronchitis, but also what to do during the rehabilitation period for the bronchi.To restore their normal operation, it is recommended to take vitamins, eat well, often walking in the fresh air and do not overload yourself physically demanding.
It should be used after complete recovery and tempering procedures aimed at stimulation of local immunity in the respiratory system.