purulent sinusitis is inflammation of pneumatic sinuses, where the pathogens microorganisms enter the sinus cavity, and this process is accompanied by formation of pus.
This is the most dangerous type of sinusitis that requires prompt treatment - in most cases require the appointment of combination therapy, including the use of antimicrobial agents.In most cases, it is caused by purulent sinusitis colds and weak immunity.
beginning swells the mucous membrane of the nose, because of this blocked fistula connecting the cavity of the sinuses and nasal passages.Further broken sinus ventilation and drainage - in the maxillary sinus congestion generated content, which infection leads to the formation of pus.
purulent sinusitis, usually occurs in the acute form of the disease.Originally allocated from the nose mucous and serous discharge.When injected into the sinus cavity filled with stagnant content, infection, inflammation activated hence increase in number allocation and acquire purulent.
So, they have a rather unpleasant smell and may contain blood streaks, because in the maxillary sinus is formed thick smelly pus.Typically, due to toxicity and the entire body is affected significantly deteriorated immune system function.
If the patient does not make timely treatment, the disease can develop into acute purulent sinusitis, which is characterized by a variety of complications and adverse effects on the human body.Therefore, it is not necessary to decide on their own - how to cure purulent sinusitis, you need to seek help from a qualified doctor.Symptoms of the disease
purulent sinusitis symptoms can be divided into local and general.Local symptoms include:
- mucous or purulent discharge from the nose;
- bursting or aching pain in the nose, cheeks, a significant worsening of pain when moving the head, especially when you try to tilt it forward;
- impaired nasal breathing - often occurs in patients perverse reaction to odors, disgust or commitment to some of the flavors;
- feeling bad smell from the nose, noticeable to outsiders.
Common symptoms are:
- fever and other symptoms of intoxication;
- general malaise, fatigue, sleep disturbances arising as a result of violations of nasal breathing and signs of intoxication;
- weakness, fatigue, and low efficiency;
- impact on other organs and body systems.
incorrect or untimely treatment of purulent sinusitis can lead to permanent retsidivam.Hronichesky purulent sinusitis can cause pain in the surrounding tissues, and often leads to dangerous intracranial complications.For a chronic disease characterized by inflammation of the mucosa and the polypoid change.To confirm this form of the disease, as a rule, carried out X-ray examination and diagnostic puncture.
If the patient appears sided purulent sinusitis, should be timely diagnose the disease - only then can choose appropriate treatment with antibiotics (usually requires the appointment of two drugs from different groups of antibiotics, which have bactericidal and bacteriostatic effect) and other drugs.If conservative treatment would be ineffective, then recommended to do a puncture - diagnostic and therapeutic puncture of the maxillary sinus.
Sinusitis in children
The disease in children is a completely different character.The most dangerous are the first 10 days of the disease, because at this stage may not be symptoms and signs that can help you identify sinusitis.After that, the disease progresses to a more severe stage of development, to the appearance of purulent sinusitis in children.
The child has headaches, congestion in the nasal sinuses and the temperature rises.Joking with purulent sinusitis can not, you need as quickly as possible to seek help from an ENT doctor.
Otherwise, you may experience irreparable complications: edema, abscess, spread of infection to other sinuses.It must be remembered that the older the child becomes, the more likely the development of his complicated forms of inflammation of the paranasal sinuses - to 5 s impossible to develop sinusitis (before the age of maxillary sinus has not yet completed its development), up to 7 years - frontal sinusitis andother inflammation of the paranasal sinuses.
treatment of disease
Treatment of purulent sinusitis often made pharmacotherapy, which can pick up a doctor after consultation and examination of the patient.In severe pain and copious amounts of purulent secretions is washing the sinuses.
Modern medicine has developed a number of different treatment options for sinusitis: laser and conservative therapy, acupuncture, dietary supplements intake.In more severe stages of the disease the patient should be hospitalized.Therefore, a person ill sinusitis in the first place need to consult a qualified doctor who will make the necessary appointments with the development of the disease.
Recipes of traditional medicine
In the treatment of this disease, traditional medicine provides invaluable assistance.Therefore, you can try many different ways to treat sinusitis in the home.
- honey, aloe and celandine.To prepare the medicine you will need the juice of celandine and aloe and natural honey.We need to take all of these components in equal amounts and mix thoroughly.Then it is necessary to drip daily 5 drops into each nostril 3 times daily.The course of treatment is two weeks, followed by sinusitis disappear for quite a long time.
- Treatment with cyclamen.cyclamen root is an excellent remedy for sinusitis.It must grate and mix with furatsilinom in the proportions of 1: 4. During the week it is necessary to drip 2-3 drops three times a day.That the effects of this plant sold in drug Sinuforte preparation.
- Beeswax.It is necessary to melt the wax, after it has cooled down a bit it is necessary to form their cakes.Pellets is recommended to apply to the sinuses for 20-25 minutes, uncovered their scarf.
procedure is done in a day at bedtime, treatment is one month.sinusitis Treatment of folk remedies is very effective, inexpensive and safe way, which will not bring negative effects and allergic reactions of the body.