Varicose veins (varicose veins, varicose veins) and associated chronic venous insufficiency is the most common vascular diseases.The disease affects about one-third of the adult population in developed countries of Europe.
Causes of varicose veins
- violations valve vascular system (often congenital)
- venous wall disorders in the venous line (thrombosis, compression of blood vessels outside)
Depending on the infestation of affected vasculature, are followingclinical forms of the disease:
- varicose veins of the lower extremities,
- superior vena cava syndrome,
- chronic pelvic pain in women,
- portal hypertension,
purpose of this article to describe the symptoms of varicose, so focus on each clinical variant separately.
This disease can occur in almost any venous system of the body, except the lungs and skull, but most often (70%) affects blood vessels of legs.
Under compensation, varicose veins are not accompanied by significant impa
With the progression of the disease appear swelling in the legs.The muscle pain or cramps occur, provoked by prolonged standing, the cause of which is a violation of the outflow of blood, and therefore, the accumulation in the tissues of metabolic products, mainly uric acid.There are changes in the skin.
Initially, the seal subcutaneous tissue, which over time acquires a brown color.In severe cases the skin appear non-healing sores.Distinguish the following stages of varicose veins of the lower limbs:
- Class 0 - external signs of the absence of disease, there is a heaviness in the legs, associated with prolonged immobility,
- Class 1 - when viewed in the skin are determined by a grid of small veins and spider veins, may cause seizuresin the legs,
- class 2 - during the inspection defined veins,
- class 3 - the presence of swelling of feet and legs, do not pass after a short rest,
- class 4 - signs lipodermatoza (tight swelling of the skin and hyperpigmentation),
- class 5- healing sores,
- class 6 - non-healing sores.
syndrome of chronic pelvic pain in women
reason for this problem is varicose pelvic veins.It manifests itself as an extension of the uterine veins, varicose veins in the groin, as well as varicose veins of the labia and vulva.
divided into primary - called congenital valvular incompetence of ovarian veins, and secondary - associated with a variety of gynecological diseases such as endometriosis or cancer.The first signs - is expanding the pelvic veins - the appearance of chronic pelvic pain.
It is localized in the abdomen, aching, worse after prolonged standing.Also, patients may be concerned about pain during sexual intercourse.Varicose veins: the symptoms, which manifest themselves in the pelvic area in women:
- chronic pain, localized in the lower abdomen, often associated with physical activity,
- painful crises associated with emotional stress, fatigue, hypothermia,
- increased pain during the second phase of the menstrual cycle,
- discomfort or pain in the genitals during sexual intercourse or immediately after it.
superior vena cava syndrome (SVPV)
shown as varicose veins of the upper limbs, trunk and neck.This is an extremely rare disease that occurs as a result of the superior vena cava thrombosis or compression of it from the outside.In most cases, the syndrome occurs in cancer, at least, with an increase of the thyroid gland, mediastinitis, medical interventions, etc. In addition to varicose veins of the upper half of the body experience the following symptoms SVPV:.
- swelling of the hands, neck and face (especially around the eyes)swelling of the tongue, throat swelling,
- cough, sometimes with hemoptysis,
- headache, drowsiness, fainting,
- dysphagia (violation of the act of swallowing),
- skin cyanosisface and neck,
- exophthalmos (exophthalmia).
For SVPV gain characteristic symptoms when bending the torso forward and in the supine position, as well as the weakening of the clinic in an upright position.
complex and many-sided disease, one manifestation of which is the Gastric varices and esophageal.It arises as a result of impaired patency of the portal vein thrombosis due to compression or her from the outside, resulting in impaired venous outflow of blood from the gastrointestinal tract.
Varicose thus develops from the fact that the blood found workarounds - portocaval anastomoses.These same anastomoses, just located in the esophagus and stomach, and varicose veins occur because of a sharp increase in the volume of blood flowing through them.It appears this kind of disease is mainly bleeding.
Represents varicose veins of the rectum and anus.Distinguish:
- external hemorrhoids - anal varicose veins,
- internal hemorrhoids - varicose veins in the walls of the rectum above the anal sphincter,
arises the disease for the same reasons as the other varieties of the disease: the innate weakness of the vein wall or obstacle outflowblood from the rectum.Symptoms of hemorrhoids:
- itching and burning sensation in the anus,
- pain and discomfort in the anus during defecation,
- selection of fresh blood from the anus of varying intensity, from the blood of impurities in the feces to significant bleeding.
Represents varicose veins of the scrotum, or rather - of the spermatic cord.Found in a quarter of men of reproductive age.Manifested by pain and discomfort in a testicle on the affected side, amplified in an upright position and during exercise, as well as the presence of detectable clusters of enlarged veins.
Varicose veins during pregnancy
varicose veins during pregnancy, one of the unpleasant consequences of the "interesting situation."The fact that the genetic anomaly venous wall does not always lead to the varices.But pregnancy can be a trigger in the development of the disease described.
Causes of varicose veins during pregnancy:
- hormonal changes the body, helps to relax vein walls,
- violation of the outflow of venous blood from the lower extremities and pelvis, caused by the pressure of the pregnant uterus.
feature of this disease during pregnancy is a high risk of thromboembolic complications.