catarrhal glossitis is a language of defeat, which is acute.The disease generally becomes symptomatic stomatitis, but it can take over an independent.Often catarrhal glossitis can be triggered by dental plaque, caries, oral trauma, smoking, burns, non-compliance with oral hygiene.
often causes of catarrhal glossitis are contacts, traumatic language - for example, on the edge of the broken off teeth or dentures properly Stopped.In this situation, treatment and subsequent prevention of disease will depend on the elimination of the causes of the disease.
times cause the onset of inflammation process in the language are harmful addiction person - abuse of smoking or drinking alcohol.There is also the etiologic factors include trauma industrial nature - burns, poisoning.
signs of disease
first symptoms of catarrhal glossitis - a tolerant pain is not strong and burning tongue.During a call and when consuming salty foods pain becomes stronger.Often the language itself swells, and the sides are imprints of
In some cases, severely swollen tongue, preventing the patient normally talk, eat food and drink.This increases saliva separation, size of papillae on the tongue become more and atrophied sense of taste.Sometimes this form of glossitis complemented candidiasis.
Besides catarrhal glossitis is characterized by symptoms such as "geographic tongue" because the formation of the pathology in the language appears a pattern of red spots, resembling maps.In changing its size and shape throughout the spot disease, but from each other, they get off the gray furrows of the enlarged papillae.These spots do not cause any pain and discomfort.
Pathology may be delayed for a period of one week to several months and is often converted into a chronic form with periodic relapses in the absence of timely treatment.The risk of developing the disease are children under the age of seven years and female representatives from 30 to 40 years.
disease At diagnosis treatment catarrhal glossitis depends on its causes.To eliminate the causes need to complete oral rehabilitation and removal of any factors contributing to injury.Subsequently, the doctor prescribes the patient often to rinse your mouth using antiseptic solutions, and make applications with the addition of anesthetics.Antibiotic drugs are used only in the case of diagnosing the presence of pathogenic bacteria.
main stages of treatment are catarrhal glossitis:
- diagnosis and subsequent elimination of the etiological factors of the disease, which contributed to the injury to the mucous membrane of the tongue.At this stage, treatment is required to get rid of tooth decay on the teeth to correct poorly installed seals or prostheses, to organize surgical treatment of broken off teeth, traumatic language, etc.If the cause of the disease is eliminated, after remission of pathology may subsequently re-start peaking.
- recommended to treat mucous language lidocaine concentration of 10% In the event of severe pain.
- wire processing oral antiseptics or herbal solutions with the addition of marigold, chamomile and sage.
Subject to all rules and recommendations of treatment specialist inflammatory process subsides within three - five days.
disease to prevent the development of catarrhal glossitis or exacerbations of doctors, dentists recommend the following guidelines:
- constantly and carefully organize the necessary hygiene of the oral cavity.
- avoid eating too spicy, hot or irritate the language of food.
- Watch for accumulation of tartar and plaque on the teeth darker.
- Modern dental treatment and make sure that the teeth have no formation of sharp edges that could injure the tongue.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- As a precaution visit the dentist at least twice a year with a view to timely detect and prevent problems with teeth and gums.
- follows the general state of health.