glossitis is any morbid change of the tongue.For example, if the language of the inflammation was due to cut fish bone or because of a serious illness.The disease usually develops in an additional symptom of a common disease.
Basically disease affects males.Forms of the disease depends on the extent of damage and the place of the language of inflammation.Glossitis Inflammation can affect the tissue deep or superficial.Also, the disease is classified and non-inflammatory types.
Symptoms of glossitis
If a person begins to develop glossitis, he feels the pain of language during a conversation, during meals, when you touch.Besides language changes its hue, red, swollen and he lacked moisture.In the formation of erosions and ulcers unpleasant and painful sensations are enhanced significantly.Symptoms of glossitis depends on the cause, affect his appearance.
Thus, the surface form of the disease is a catarrhal inflammation of the mucous membrane of the language, arising as manifestations of stomatitis.La
Deep forms of the disease occur abscess or cellulitis can spread even to the bottom of the mouth and provoke an inflammatory process in the chin and neck area.
noninflammatory forms glossitis
For non-inflammatory varieties of this disease include the following:
- diamond, hairy black;
each listed type of pathology has its own distinctive features.
With the defeat of a diamond glossitis occurs seal epithelium, and on the back of the tongue is formed by a pronounced bluish-red diamond-shaped plot.Such a feature from time to time appears and disappears, so the form is considered to be chronic glossitis.When the feeling the pain of the affected area is not available, and the manifestations of severity depends on the running process.In the absence of the necessary language therapy appear whitish growths with flat tops and wide at the base.
With the defeat of desquamative glossitis, differently - migratory, focal epithelium red on the sides and back of the tongue begins to break down.And two - three days, the epithelial layer is restored.The process of destruction and subsequent recovery may be delayed for a long time, in this connection, language shell resembles a map.Also during the meal celebrated a burning sensation and pain.
Folded form glossitis considered congenital defect and makes itself felt through the formation of transverse and longitudinal folds, which differ in their depth.Typically, the most profound is formed on the median line along the tongue from the root to the tip.
Tons black glossit seen the growth and subsequent keratinization papillae on the tongue, which, by their appearance resemble hairs dark shade.Typically, nodules are formed on the back of the tongue, and their height can reach up to 1 - 2 cm. Patients complain of constant retching and feeling of wool in the mouth.
Inflammatory forms glossitis
Inflammatory forms glossitis is usually formed in humans as a comorbidity to the underlying disease.These include the following:
- allergic glossitis - occurs when hypovitaminosis and its features depend on a vitamin or nutrient is not enough in the human body.for example, when a lack of vitamin A is marked dryness of the tongue, the pain and the formation of cracks on it.With a lack of folic acid and vitamin B12 depletion occurs epithelium, tongue becomes bright shade becomes lacquered and pain when exposed to irritants - such kind of disease is called gunterovsky glossitis.It usually occurs as a comorbidity with anemia.
- glossit Medical develops as a reaction to the inflammation long-term use of certain medications, mostly antibiotics, salicylates, etc.It appears on 4 - 7 days after the onset of medications, while the language is formed swelling, redness, and its surface is shiny and smooth.May appear common symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions.
- Interstitial glossitis develops at disease syphilis in the Tertiary period.Language thus compacted and becomes inactive.
- Mycotic glossitis is not considered an independent pathology, as developed after the defeat of fungal infections of upper respiratory tract.Typically, this form of the disease accompanies chronic tonsillitis or pharyngitis fungal form.The main distinguishing feature of this destruction - is a strong tongue swelling, the formation of whitish spots on it on the background of smooth sections in red.For successful treatment of mycotic forms must first get rid of the primary pathology.
- Candida glossitis occurs in contact with the mucous membrane of tongue surface fungus of the genus Candida.In another way, this type of disease is referred to as a yeast glossitis and is an indicator of poor performance of the immune system and the presence in the human fungal infections.For chronic form is characterized by acute deterioration during operation of immunity - usually due to seasonal respiratory and other infectious pathologies.Most often candidiasis glossitis sick children and people after long-term treatment with antibiotics.
- Catarrhal inflammation is a process that often accompanies the disease, as the reason for its occurrence are destroyed by contact with the teeth, tartar or dentures.The reasons for the development can be chemical, thermal burns, injury or poisoning, as well as the response to alcohol and nicotine cigarette tar.Treatment involves removal of the causes, provoked the disease.In the absence of appropriate treatment catarrhal form becomes aphthous glossitis, when the top layer of language form shallow ulcers and aphthae.When running processes tongue begins to swell and ulcers bleed - so there comes a stage of erosive and ulcerative glossitis.The pathology is accompanied by a gray coating on the tongue and an unpleasant odor from the mouth.
- Atrophic different from other species of its manifestations - namely, the reduction until complete smoothing papillae surface of the tongue due to exposure to infection, partial atrophy of the muscles of the tongue, provoking reduction of its size.Treatment involves removal of the primary infection and the replenishment of vitamin A deficiency, and E in the body.
- Phlegmonous affects the entire surface of the tongue, and may extend to the chin, the lower part of the mouth and neck.The main symptom of this type of pathology - is the appearance of abscesses and abscesses, the strong deterioration of the general state of health, increased body temperature regime, severe pain of the head, swelling and pain of tongue, difficulty breathing processes.Treatment should be started when the first symptoms.Purulent nodules removed by surgery and receiving appointment of antibacterial drugs.
All varieties of the disease can be divided into acute and chronic glossitis.The chronic form is formed by incorrect treatment of the primary disease or as a result of a traumatic factor of conservation, but also because of the poor performance of the immune system.
causes of glossitis Glossitis
can develop independently due to careless injuries tongue ruined teeth, dentures, due to the influence of boiling water and chemical stimulus, etc.Also glossitis may occur if non-compliance with the basic rules of oral hygiene, the abuse of cigarettes, alcoholic beverages, as the allergy to toothpaste and mouthwashes.Further causes of the disease are often micro - herpes viruses, streptococci, staphylococci, etc.
glossitis often formed as an additional disease in lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, blood diseases, infectious pathologies.Language has actively participated in all the pathological processes that occur in the oral cavity - hypersensitivity reactions, stomatitis, lichen, and many others.
Diagnosis and treatment of glossitis glossitis
are distinguished by their bright clinical symptoms, so doctors can easily put the correct diagnosis is already in the process of visual examination of the patient.In order to identify the nature and depth of the lesion pathology, as well as the causes of the disease are organized bacteriological, histological, biochemical, serological and cytological examination.
First treatment process involves a correction of the underlying pathology that led to the development of glossitis: anemia, gastrointestinal disease, syphilis, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, diabetic glomerulosclerosis, etc.
order to reduce the pain the patient is recommended to eat liquid porridge, pureed soups and a variety of mashed potatoes.
Necrotizing tongue coating is removed with a cotton swab that has been soaked in proteolytic enzymes.After the procedure you want to rinse your mouth with antiseptics for the prevention of secondary injury, or complications of glossitis.With the effective elimination of the main causes of disease and pathology glossit well to treatment and does not cause adverse effects.