kidney biopsy is a diagnostic examination, through which receives a small sample of kidney tissue with a needle for examination under a microscope later.The biopsy gives the opportunity to identify and find the right treatment for the pathology.When kidney biopsy at the other end of the needle is a syringe needle which collects in the tissue.
- puncture renal biopsy - the removal of this section of kidney tissue with a puncture needle, which is inserted under the skin and back muscles.This diagnostic method is performed in a hospital under local anesthesia and under the control of ultrasound.Organized for the diagnosis of tumors in the kidney, amyloidosis and other lesions in order to select an effective treatment strategy for the control or the state after the donor kidney transplant.The most frequent complication - this bleeding and forming a hematoma around the kidney.
- Open - Diagnostic method used in order to select the kidney tissue samples.Open biopsy of the kidney is an operationwhen the tissue for research is taken directly from the kidney during surgery under general anesthesia.The incision is placed on the side or rear.An open biopsy is arranged, when required carrying out the removal of most of the fabrics.Also, the method can be carried out with only one functioning kidney in order to reduce harm to her.An open biopsy is indicated in patients with circulatory problems, and lately it organizes laparoscopically, so it has become less traumatic procedure.
- Ureteroscopy with biopsy - this diagnostic method is usually carried out if there are stones kidney pelvis.Ureteroscopy performs in operating under spinal or general anesthesia.The long thin tube is inserted to examine the inside of the ureter, the lower part of the kidney and renal pelvis.In addition, ureteroscopy with biopsy is organized for children, pregnant women, patients with abnormal structure of the upper part of the urinary tract, patients with transplanted kidney.
- transjugular - organized in the case of starting up the catheter into the renal vein.This diagnostic method is used for patients with pathologies of blood coagulation, when the percutaneous renal biopsy is not possible.The same applies to patients with excessive body weight and chronic respiratory failure when the anesthesia can cause great harm.There are situations when the anatomical location of the kidneys, and their size makes it impossible to conduct normal biopsy.
recommended biopsy organization in the following cases:
- blood in urine or hematuria;
- detection in urine of high protein concentrations;
- increase of nitrogenous wastes in the blood due to the weakening of the kidney.
Indications organization biopsy
Carrying kidney biopsy is assigned in the following situations:
- biopsy in acute and chronic renal failure of unknown etiology;
- biopsy in case of suspicion of nephrotic syndrome;
- kidney biopsy in glomerulonephritis;
- complex forms of infectious lesions of the urinary channel;
- problems with kidney function established by ultrasound, kidney tests and computed tomography;
- renal biopsy;
- problems in the functioning of the transplanted kidney;
- detection of pathology severity and irreversibility of the changes in the body;
- control effect of organized treatment.
procedure Pre-treating physician must explain to the patient the reasons for kidney biopsy.The patient must be clear about the benefits and risks of the procedure, he may ask a specialist all his questions, and then to sign a consent for the manipulation and confirmation of familiarization with the risks in the event of complications.
The patient, in turn, should clearly describe the doctor his state of health, the presence of pathologies, allergies, intolerance to any medications.It is necessary to inform about the medication at the time of realization of the biopsy.
This is important!
For one - two weeks before the kidney biopsy will need to stop taking medicines that thin the blood, such as aspirin, and others.You also need to stop taking pain medication - ibuprofen, naproxen, because they also affect the properties of blood clotting and may increase the risk of severe bleeding.
is prohibited to use the liquid immediately prior to the procedure and for eight hours before it is better to give up eating altogether.
Before the procedure carried out urine and blood samples to detect the presence of contraindications and infections.
kidney biopsy as a diagnostic method is carried out by operational or closed.
If it becomes impossible for the patient to achieve a full normalization of blood pressure, hemorrhagic syndrome and anticoagulation.That for him is carried transyugulyarnaya endoscopic biopsy or otherwise open a kidney biopsy.
A process for preparing tissue samples will depend on the structure of the puncture needle.Along with the traditionally accepted in medicine manualnomu methods are increasingly used automatic special needles.
This is important!
In describing the procedure and answering the question, how do kidney biopsy, experts remind that after the procedure, you will need ultrasonic condition monitoring organization surveyed kidneys.
In order to prevent the development of complications the patient within three hours after the puncture must lie on an ice pack.And in the next two days - to comply with strict bed rest.Also appointed reception hemostatic drugs and antibiotic drugs.
consequences of renal biopsy
After the biopsy procedure, the patient will need to rest for at least six hours.Pulse and blood pressure will be kept under control.And when urinating urine test for the presence of bleeding.At this time, it allowed to start the usual food and is recommended to consume plenty of fluids.
After biopsy in patients with transplanted kidney should lie on his back for several hours.
With the weakening of the influence of anesthesia on the body the patient may feel slightly sore back due to minor trauma.Pain can withdraw soft analgesics.If the state of health quickly normalized after the biopsy, the same day are allowed to return home.
This is important!
When implementing an open biopsy should always consult your doctor for specific instructions that need to comply after the operation is completed.
also after biopsy is necessary to give up physical activities and sports for 48 hours.Avoid strenuous activity and carrying heavy loads over the next two weeks.If the bleeding does not finish a day after surgery, you should see a doctor.
also indications refer to a specialist are:
- inability to normal urination;
- constantly increasing pain in the kidneys;
- dizziness and severe weakness.