X-ray examination of the kidneys in many situations becomes crucial in the diagnosis of a particular disease.
When the contrast agent reaches the kidney, the renal pelvis and fills the cup, then the ureters, and then made a series of shots.Intravenous contrast agent is injected at excretory urography and type of infusion urography.In the latter case, the contrast is gradually inserted into a vein with a dropper.Infusion urography type makes it possible to obtain a clearer picture.
When implementing uropielografii retrograde contrast dye is injected through a special catheter through the urinary canal to the bladder, and then gets up in the ureter, renal pelvis and calyx.
The most common type is considered excretory urography.
X-ray examination of the kidneys allows the diagnosis of the set of pathologies of the urinary system.It is possible to establish the presence of congenital abnormalities in the development, absence of kidney, its doubling, unusual body location, too large or too small.When kidn
Retrograde uropielografiya allows us to see changes in the shape and size of the bladder and cancer.
Indications for diagnosis
The main indications are of urography:
- systematic defeat of the urinary system infections.
- signs of colic.
- presence of blood in urine.
- Symptoms of kidney stone disease.
- health Identification and condition of the patient after surgery.
- With the development of symptoms of the presence of stones in the kidney, ureter or bladder makes it possible to identify the exact place of their location.
Preparing and conducting diagnostic
Preparing to X-ray examination of the kidneys is as follows:
- doctor explains to the patient the need for the organization of the survey, as well as talks about who and how it will implement the study.
- Prior to the diagnosis is required to give up eating for 8 hours, drink more water.Three days before the diagnosis of diet products are removed, provoking increased flatulence, appointed by administration of activated charcoal.
- If necessary, put enema.
- arrange for laboratory testing of blood.
- establishes a list of medications taken by the patient.
- patient or his family must give written consent to perform diagnostics.
- establishes the possibility of hypersensitivity reactions to contrast agents.
- control sample organized by the absence of allergic reactions.
- Before examination the patient must remove all jewelry and metal objects, empty the bladder and put on surgical gowns.
- doctor advance warning of the possibility of burning sensation, nausea, redness of the skin after injection of contrast medium.
- Before starting the examination the patient is given a drink sedative medications or analgesics.
- initially carried overview diagnostics, and only then - intravenous, accompanied by the introduction of contrast.
- Finally, a series of pictures made by the same time.
just a few hours before the diagnosis of the patient is administered 2 ml of contrast agent, and check his reaction to it.in the absence of allergy symptoms under study is administered a dose of the drug, which is calculated individually for each patient.an X-ray done after a few minutes.Depending on the purpose of the survey may be limited to just one image.Like this?Share with friends and acquaintances: