born in the USSR, brilliant green - a symbol of undying faith and self-being.Zelenka was (and still is somewhere in nowhere) a universal way to combat a variety of diseases.However, not everyone knows that this has caused the popularity of this medicine, why it "brilliant" and why Western medicine is trying to distance itself from the use of such a magical healer.
How did Zelenka?
history of its origin goes back to the 19th century and weaving industry.Young London chemist William Perkin while engaged in the development of drugs against malaria.The result of one of the experiments was a substance in an unnaturally bright colored purple.Wash out the color with the clothes it was impossible.Resourceful father of a sudden experiment "squeezed out" of practical use and opened a factory for the production of aniline dyes.
Doctors use dyes for their own purposes.They were stained with drugs, to get a better look under the microscope microbial life.Suddenly, physicians have found that one of the dyes, na
This Is "brilliant", this "green"?
Zelenka dry - it lumps of golden-green color.The Latin name for this substance - viridis nitentis, literally - a brilliant green.One of the scientists, translating the term into French using the word brillant, which is consistent with the meaning (brillant in one of its values - brilliant).Confusion occurs when translating from French into Russian.Brillant was using in value - brilliant.Among all the brilliant green dye only differ in such pompous title.
Why do Europeans fear the green stuff?
It is worth noting that to date, Zelenka is only used in Russia and some CIS countries.What caused such hostility on the part of the remainder of the world?European scientists find it difficult to give a clear answer.They argue their dislike of the following provisions:
- zelenki mechanism of action is poorly understood.Apply thoroughly unexplored drug Western medicine does not intend to.As well as spending money and time to experiment with green paint.
- Aesthetic side.Well, not like an extremely civilized part of the world this way of "greening" of the patient.Why spoil the appearance, when there is an abundance of inconspicuous antiseptics?
way, the widespread belief that the brilliant green - a strong carcinogen, in fact, may be just a myth.Appropriate studies on the matter have not been conducted.
Other interesting facts
Did you know that:
- for white rat dose of 0.05 g / kg - lethal dose,
- brilliant green in the industry is used for dyeing (cotton, silk, paper, etc.),
- chemical formula of green fodder - C27H33N2 * HC2O4 * H2O,
- during Stalin's repressions on the body of the executed prisoner's pin number is "brilliant green."