Glaucoma - is the emergence of degenerative processes in the optic nerve, which arise due to a chronic increase in intraocular pressure.If time does not identify the cause of glaucoma and do not start treatment, a person can lose vision and cause blindness.Glaucoma treatment can be both conservative and with the help of surgery.
Methods of treatment of glaucoma
course of the disease characterized by treachery and unexpressed symptoms.Most patients seek treatment in advanced stages of the disease when their vision is reduced dramatically.That is why glaucoma is considered to be the leader of all causes of disability, resulting due to eye disease.
Glaucoma Treatment also depends on the patient's age, its condition and individual characteristics.The less related chronic diseases of other organs and systems, the better the prognosis of treatment and lower probability of getting complications.The main goal of therapy is to lower intraocular pressure.
For proper treatment, you must first undergo a full c
for diagnostic use tonography method by which examined the state of the fluid in the eye.Tonography glaucoma and allows to record the dynamics of the processes, as well as to graphically display the pressure of the eye.The peculiarity of the method is that for a certain time can be determined or the ratio of lightness measure of how much fluid (mm3) follows from the eye for 1 minute.The calculation is made on a special table and compared with the norm.
Normally, this coefficient is 0.3 mm3 / mm Hg, which should be at the outflow of 2 mm3 / minute at a pressure not greater ocular 15-18 mmHgResearch is carried out in an outpatient setting for 4 minutes, after anesthetize the cornea dikainom eyes.
principles of conservative treatment
When conservative treatment is prescribed different medicines for glaucoma (usually eye drops), which can reduce the intraocular pressure.The drugs used for this purpose, have the following effect:
- Reduce the amount of fluid within the eye.
- Improve outflow of intraocular fluid.
- impact on the whole process of the formation of glaucoma, ie, have a combined effect.
- pegged intraocular moisture balance.
In addition, in the early stages of the disease used physiotherapy (electrical stimulation of the optic nerve) and injections with a mixture of vitamins and minerals.
Selection of the drug is carried out only in the individual mode, as in people older than 40 years (when the principal amount of registered cases of glaucoma), there are a variety of medical disorders.In addition, each of the intraocular antiglaucoma drugs have side effects, and has a number of contraindications.
For example, many of these funds should not be prescribed for obstructive pulmonary disease and heart disease.Agree to find a person over the age of 40 years without a hint of these problems is very difficult, so many patients offer to conduct surgery.
In uncomplicated cases applied a method of treatment as hirudotherapy in glaucoma, by which improves the drainage of intraocular fluid and the outflow of nearly 10 times.In addition, the leeches are able to clean the eye fluid from the cellular debris and reduce intraocular pressure.
Principles of surgical treatment
Surgical treatment is aimed primarily at improving the outflow of intraocular fluid.All surgical procedures have many benefits, as are inherently safe, non-invasive and very effective treatments for glaucoma.Technique operations may be via eye microsurgery or by means of laser technology.
Laser treatment of glaucoma is of several types:
- iridoektomiya laser - a laser is a small hole in the outer edge of the iris that allows fluid to freely penetrate the eye from the back of the camera in the front and vice versa.The method gives good results in the treatment of closed-angle glaucoma.When the laser treatment of glaucoma both eyes Price varies from 60,000 rubles.
- Laser trabeculoplasty - used in open-angle glaucoma, which is in the process of laser reveal the drainage tunnels.
- tsilioablyatsiya laser - used in advanced cases of glaucoma, in which destroying the ciliary body produces fluid.
- trabeculectomy - excision of the drainage passages, after which the liquid does not interfere circulate freely.
- shunt device - when the eyes are inserted into the cavity of microtubules or shunts to improve drainage.
- viscocanalostomy - surgery to remove the sclera, so that there is a natural filtration of liquid through a thin layer of the remaining tissue.