lowering intraocular pressure below normal (less than 14 mm Hg) is called hypotension or hypotension eyes.The causes of such conditions may be as general disease organism and some eye diseases.The disease can be acute or chronic and sudden.
Causes of hypotension eyes
intraocular pressure is normally formed at a pressure of the vitreous body and intraocular fluid on the shell from the inside, thereby creating the necessary vision for the tone glaza.Gipotoniya eye occurs in the following cases:
- Violation joints tightness after eye surgery.
- pozadibulbarnoe injections in space, which are used for diseases of the eye.
- perforation (perforation) after scleral sutures on the upper straight muscle of the eye.
- Retinal detachment, which occurs when many of the common diseases.
- Taking certain medications.
- System hypotonic state arising at common hypotension and coma.
- Inflammatory diseases of the iris.
- Violation formation of intraocular fluid.
- vascular pathology eyes.
- decrease the intracranial pressure.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
How does the disease?
Chronic hypotension eyes found in the ophthalmic practice is much more common than acute conditions.Acute development of the disease is able to increase the permeability of the capillaries of the eyes, and the stagnation of venous outflow, thus may develop degenerative changes in the eye and severe visual impairment.In chronic course vision is reduced more slowly but causes atrophic changes, and decrease in the size of the eye.
clinical picture in the eye has hypotension symptoms, which includes:
- Reduction of intraocular pressure, which can be determined by palpation or measurement.
- Emerging corneal folds and chorioretinal folds in the eye.
- Detachment mesh layer of the fundus.
- swelling of the optic nerve.
- Reduction of the anterior chamber and its size as a whole.
- periodically arising pains in the eyes.
- Progressive decreased vision.
How is it diagnosed?
To make a diagnosis, it is necessary examination in a hospital.This test helps to make a differential diagnosis in cases where the disease is asymptomatic.
For diagnosis carried out general and special methods of investigation:
- General urine, blood.
- blood on clotting time, RW, sugar, Hbs-antigen.
- ophthalmoscopy and tonometry.
If examination diagnosed and there is a risk of atrophic changes in the eyes, the treatment is carried out without fail.
Treatment of ocular hypotonia
for a successful outcome of treatment is necessary to begin to eliminate the cause of which could cause this condition:
- If the cause of the inflammatory process was, therefore, necessary to eliminate it.
- When fluid accumulation in the suprachoroidal space, it is necessary to open and allow fluid drainage.
- When wound leakage after surgery is necessary to impose a re-stitching and ensure a complete seal.
- When detachment of the retina carry out a surgical operation and drain the choroidal effusion.
- If there is leakage of intraocular fluid by subconjunctival flap can apply the method of cryotherapy or laser therapy.
- can impose a pressure bandage for a day with a swab of antibacterial ointment (tetracycline, erythromycin) With low outflow of fluid.
- Drug therapy involves the appointment of a vasoconstrictor, tools to improve microcirculation and hormonal agents that enhance the rehabilitation process.