This pathology as secondary glaucoma, occurs quite often.This term is commonly understood as a whole group of different diseases that are characterized by a persistent increase in intraocular pressure, and abnormal excavation of the optic disc and visual field loss.
This disease definitely need time to diagnose and treat.
Causes of pathology
Experts identify the various causes of secondary glaucoma:
- congenital malformations;
- inflammatory processes in the eye area;
- changes in the lens;
- vascular diseases of the eye;
- dystrophy and degeneration;
- common diseases, such as Dysproteinemia, leukemia;
- intraocular tumors and cysts;
- injuries and operations on the eyeball;
- use of drugs that provoke dilation of the pupils.
in ophthalmology Specialists divide secondary glaucoma into several types:
- Vascular, which, in turn, divided into flebogipertenzivnuyu (thus raising IOP is triggered by blood pressure vortikoznyh and ciliary veins arising in the compression ofvein and upper genital tumors orbit with arterio) and post-thrombotic;
- Fakogennaya that develops in the crystalline lens displacement;
- Degenerative (uveal, hypertensive and haemolytic), which was caused retinopathies;
- Traumatic, which is divided into two types: wound (associated with multiple intraocular changes) and contusion (its occurrence is caused by damage to the trabeculae);
- secondary neovascular glaucoma, which develops due to ruberoza iris on a background of severe chronic diffuse retinal ischemia.
Children most frequently observed traumatic and uveal glaucoma.In adults, the most one can observe secondary glaucoma, developed on the background of swelling cataracts, because the transferred iridocyclitis with imperforate (and expressed) of the pupil, as well as due to blockage by a thrombus eyes of the central retinal vein.Since all these forms of secondary glaucoma have similar symptoms and kind during that require differential diagnosis of this pathology as the primary glaucoma in the acute stage of attack.
accurate diagnosis can only qualified ophthalmologist, conducted examination of the patient in a specially equipped eye study.
The secondary glaucoma is different from the primary?
have secondary glaucoma have a number of differences:
- pathological process is one-sided;
- disease can occur as the closure (of attack) or as open-angle glaucoma;
- visual functions are reduced very quickly, just in one year;
- decrease in visual function is reversible if treated in a timely manner to carry out;
- type curve raising intraocular pressure - med- (that is, the rise observed in the evening).
The main symptoms of the disease
As a rule, people do not even notice at first that he is developing this serious disease.The main symptom of the disease is a persistent increase in intraocular pressure, which provokes the deterioration of visual function, staunchly progressive in the absence of a competent treatment.Patients suffering from this disease, complain:
- pressing pain in the eye area;
- periodically appear "blurred" vision;
- occurrence before the eyes of "rainbow community."
If you do not seek the appearance of these warning signs of medical attention, then gradually the field of vision in humans is reduced.As a result, launched the disease can result in blindness.
treatment of disease
recommended to avoid stress and fatigue.Sleep should be a minimum of eight hours.You can not be in the positions, causing a rush of blood to the head, for example, to wash floors or wash, strongly bent.Also, do not lift weights and go to the bath or sauna.The use of liquid should be reduced to one and a half liters a day, and smoke, strong coffee, tea or any alcohol at all is better to refuse.It is necessary to comply with milk-vegetable diet.
Staying in is not recommended in dark rooms for a long time, as this expands the pupil, and increased intraocular pressure.Watching TV, stay with your computer and visiting the cinema screen should be limited.But needlework and reading, on the contrary, are useful because they narrows and lowers intraocular pressure in such activities the pupil.When referring to any doctors need to inform them of this diagnosis as secondary glaucoma, since there are some drugs are contraindicated.
Treatment of secondary glaucoma is aimed primarily at eliminating the reasons which caused it.In the fight against this disease is effective only laser or surgical treatment.The most appropriate method selects a physician, in line with the state of the patient and his kind of glaucoma.Doctors have learned quite well to do the operation in secondary glaucoma, but patients should be remembered that, the sooner they will appeal to the ophthalmologists, the better the outcome.