What is blepharitis.Blepharitis - a whole group of different diseases of the eye, which is accompanied by inflammation of the edges of the eyelids of a chronic nature.
This disease has many different causes, which are not always related to ophthalmology.But nonetheless, similarities are manifestations.
causes and symptoms of the disease
Blepharitis causes of the following:
- presence of nearsightedness or farsightedness;
- Kleshcheva defeat of the eyelids or other parasitic diseases;
- weakened immune system;
- deficiency of vitamins in the body;
- disorders of the endocrine system (diabetes);
- taking certain medications;
- presence of harmful habits (smoking, alcohol);
- pathology on the part of the gastrointestinal tract;
- stressful situations.
Blepharitis symptoms may occur with varying degrees of severity.Blepharitis symptoms in mild disease:
- barely noticeable swelling at the edges of the eyelids and hyperemia of their small;
- occurrence at the roots of eyelashes and easily separating small scales;
- emergence of low-energy itching eyelids;
- sometimes loss of eyelashes is observed;
- heaviness century;
- watery eyes and fatigue;
- presence of sensitivity to various stimuli: wind, dust, bright light.
Symptoms of blepharitis in severe disease:
- formation of purulent crusts on the edge of the eyelid;
- later occurrence of ulcers with bleeding surface;
- there is abnormal growth of eyelashes and inversion or eversion of the century;
- frequent loss of eyelashes with weak growth of new eyelashes.
Blepharitis Eye is divided into several types depending on the specific characteristics and the conditions of its origin.
Demodectic Železničná blepharitis caused by a mite that infests the meibomian and sebaceous glands of the eyelids, as well as in the hair follicles.Acne manifests itself in every three middle-aged man of thirty to forty years.
Demodectic blepharitis occurs due to:
- chronic diseases of the digestive system;
- focal foci of infection;
- presence of allergic reactions.
mite enters the ciliary follicles.Between eyelashes accumulate epithelial cells exfoliate.At the roots of eyelashes appear cylindrical sleeve, which is gradually increasing.
To detect mite take from every age from four to six lashes, put them on a pre-soaked in water drop glass slide and examined under a light microscope at low magnification.
Scaly blepharitis is called simple.It is characterized by the accumulation of numerous small dry or greasy gray-yellow scales at the roots of eyelashes.
scales arise due to painful skin peeling the lid margin.At the same time there is a thickened and reddened edge of the eyelid.In most cases, this type of blepharitis develops in the presence of dandruff on the skin of the head.
Another name squamous blepharitis is seborrhea.Seborrheic blepharitis developing diseases associated with follicles of eyelashes and glands.Symptoms of the disease in the following:
- redness of the eyes;
- thickening of age;
- narrowing of the palpebral fissure;
- cluster of white, yellow or gray scales in the base of the eyelashes;
- high sensitivity down to the fear of the world.
vessels can be seen even when removing the accumulated flakes.Most people experience a severe torment because of excessive eye fatigue.
Allergic blepharitis is characterized by inflammation of the lid margin as a result of exposure to factors of allergic origin.For example, medicines, perfumes, cosmetic products for the eyes and eyelids.Also, very often this kind of disease is caused by irritants such as plant pollen, dust, household chemicals.
acute form it begins abruptly:
- swelling of the eyelids;
- watery eyes;
- pain in the eyes;
- mucous discharge from the eyes;
- itchy eyelids;
usually affects both eyes.In the chronic form there is a strong and sometimes unbearable itching eyelids.
How and what to treat the disease?
How to treat Blepharitis?Treatment of blepharitis is difficult and long.First of all, you need to identify and eliminate the cause of the disease, to avoid any recurrence of it, despite treatment.Blepharitis treatment is treatment of specific drugs, depending on the cause of the disease.
For the treatment of demodectic blepharitis apply Blefarogel №2, Demalan and other medicines.Also recommended hygienic care for centuries.Before going to bed it is important to constantly lubricate the lid margin hydrocortisone eye ointment - pic 2. 5 percent eye ointment index-gentamicin.
For the treatment of squamous or seborrheic blepharitis important hygiene century.Assign one to lubricate the lid margin hydrocortisone ointment interest eye and in severe 2. 5 percent ointment.
allergic blepharitis treatment includes long term use of allergy eye drops and blurred edges of the eyelids inflammatory corticosteroid eye ointment.
Blepharitis a child
Blepharitis a child manifests the following features:
- edema and swelling of eyelids;
- excessive loss of eyelashes;
- redness of the eyes;
- irritation under the lower eyelid.
Blepharitis in a child treated with antibiotics.In allergic blepharitis eyelids washed with warm soapy water.In advanced stages, when there is flaking of the scalp around the eyes and eyebrows, apply a special cream or shampoo.
We hope that you have never encountered similar problems on the course of life, and when they occur quickly defeated them.Good health to you!