Adenoids - clusters of lymphoid tissue that surrounds the throat and nose section, helps to maintain immunity.Expanding the adenoids become a source of microbial growth, fungi and viruses.In this case, the air which enters the nose is not cleared and immediately appears in the lower respiratory tract.
For this reason, children easily get sick, they have lingering colds.The adenoids grow slowly after diseases: SARS, influenza, scarlet fever and others.
adenoids are divided into three levels:
- first degree.During the day the child to breathe freely, and during sleep the adenoids size increases and this prevents the child to breathe freely.
- 2nd degree.Shortness of breath for days, snoring during sleep, breathing through the mouth.
- 3rd degree.Adenoid tissue completely or almost completely blocks the air flow through the nose into the throat, the patient is a child forced to breathe through the mouth.
Adenoids in the nose
Nasopharynx child warms cold air, hot - cool, dry - moisturizes and clean
- tonsillitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, and increased risk of pneumonia - pneumonia;
- swollen nasal mucosa, in this case violated aeration (air-filled) and flows away mucus from the paranasal sinuses, which contributes to their purulent inflammation - sinusitis;
- closed pharyngeal mouth of the auditory tube: the child hears worse.
Symptoms in adults
used to be that the adenoids - a problem child, but now doctors have proven that they are found in adults.Adenoids in adults met before, but they just are not detected.
previously believed that they disappear at the time of puberty.Recently we started to apply new research methods.The doctor inserts a tube into the nasal cavity, the endoscope and can carefully examine the nose and throat, as well as an accurate diagnosis.Exactly in adults discover adenoids.After some time, we found that the disease is at the majority of adults who complain of shortness of nasal breathing.
adenoids very strongly complicate life with allergies, so they must be surveyed at the ENT doctor.It is strongly recommended that it is those who have a child, they were, and then allegedly disappeared.They could not see during the inspection, and they have remained in place.If a child has not been adenoids, they may appear later.The emergence neduga- this immune reaction that occurs in the following way: a person begins runny nose, mucus drains into the nasal passages and pharyngeal amygdala reacts.The adenoids are increased.
the category of people who were removed adenoids in childhood, should also come to the reception for Laura.It happens that they grow back.The cause may be genetic predisposition and poorly executed operation.
For prevention it is recommended to carry out provocative breathing exercises:
- «Raven». Sit down on the bench, raise your arms up.Hands exhale slowly fall down, loudly say the word "car-rr".Repeat 3-4 times.
- «Geese." Sit down on the bench, his hands to his shoulders.Inhale, then tilt your body forward and gently breathe out, say the word "ha-ah", "hoo-oo-oo."Repeat 4-5 times.
- «Stork". position - standing, feet together.Raise your arms to the side, lift one leg and bend it, inhale.Slowly lower your arms and leg, exhale.On the exhale, say the drawling sound "sh".Repeat 4-5 times.
To clean the nasopharynx and adenoids treatment is recommended to wash the nose.Typically, it is washed with warm water from the tap, but it is possible to use sea water.You can prepare a solution for washing the nasopharynx, mix two teaspoons of sea salt in a glass of warm water.
During washing procedure removes mucus and dust, which contains large amounts of bacteria.And thanks to the salt water reduces swelling and eliminates harmful bacteria.You can use a decoction of herbs sage, chamomile, St. John's wort, calendula, eucalyptus.These infusions nose clean from dirt, germs and reduce inflammation.
symptoms of enlarged adenoids can be:
- difficulty breathing nose.
- hearing impairment.
- appearance of a cold.
- emergence of catarrhal diseases: acute respiratory infections, pharyngitis, tracheitis and others.
- frequent otitis media and acute or exacerbation of chronic otitis media.
- nasal voice and indistinct speech.
- decreased performance in school.
If you have any suspicions, then immediately contact your doctor, audiologist.
main features of occurrence of the disease - a violation of nasal breathing when open mouth during sleep, headaches, hearing loss, listlessness, fatigue after sleep.
If the patient adenoids: symptoms may be so - may occur malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, can begin to develop anemia, sometimes there is a urinary incontinence, night coughing, asthma attacks.In acute adenoids - a burning sensation in the nasopharynx, the temperature rises to 39 degrees and above.
For chronic type is characterized by vomiting after meals, purulent mucus running down the back wall and provokes a sudden cough, sore gradually expands to the throat and nose, it becomes difficult to breathe and swallow.
From what appear adenoids
The cause of the disease could be any chronic inflammation in the upper airways, which is not recovered.The blood begins to stagnate in the lymph and in the nasopharynx.
For this reason, the child's immune system is not working, because the children it is weak and not fully formed.