Now in today's world is one of the common diseases - a diabetes.There are two types of diabetes - the first and second type.The different ethnic groups and different countries a chance to get sick, so much depends on the age.The researchers found that among people older than 65 years, the percentage suffering from 20% when, as in adults up to 65 years, he has held at around 10%.Not everyone knows the complications of diabetes.This is what will be our article.
If a complication of type 1 diabetes is detected early, treatment can be suspended, as well as, in some cases, turn the disease around.Progressing in most cases leads to death or disability.In the beginning let's define what are the complications of type 1 diabetes (insulin-dependent it is called, because of the need for insulin):
- Diabetic retinopathy causes loss of vision or development of various diseases, such as cataracts or glaucoma.
- Because of diabetic nephropathy renal failure happens.
- Polyneuropathy - disorder and mental changes, moodswings, depression.Paresis, pain in the nerve trunks.Symptoms of intoxication central nervous system (CNS).
seven main stages of diabetes first type
- Genetic predisposition to diabetes.
- hypothetical starting point.
- 3.Povrezhdenie organism different diabetogenic factors and decreased immunity.In a small titer antibodies appear to islet cells, but insulin production by the body is not affected.Autoimmune
- insulin reduces β - cells and reduce production of insulin in the blood.
- Reduced insulin stimulation of glucose.
- Leaving glucose (IGT) and violation of glucose and fasting plasma, which can be detected in a patient in stressful situation.Including possible episode of "honeymoon" .proizvodstvo of insulin decreases sharply since killed more than 90% .beta.-cells.
- Total loss of β- cells leads to a complete cessation of insulin production.
Vascular complications and complications of diabetes on their feet.Diabetic neuropathy in most cases leads to the development of various problems.Such as peripheral neuropathy (strongly influences the sensitivity) in place with diseases of the blood vessels in the lower extremities can cause diseases and problems in the feet, including Charcot joint.
If you develop an infectious process in the foot, it can lead to amputation.Still it is necessary to beware of diabetic arthropathy, which brings the pain in the joints, "crunch", reducing the amount of synovial fluid, increasing its viscosity and limited mobility.
important to monitor blood pressure, in such cases the advantage is given to the metabolically neutral and positive preparations.
Appointment of lipid-lowering therapy: different drugs from the group of statins (control LDL CHD reduction).The combination of fenofibrate and statin therapy in high-risk patients with macrovascular complications in history.
necessary at a specified time to come to a specialist in order to avoid deterioration of the situation.Just need to fulfill all the doctor's instructions.
Complications of diabetes in the elderly are not different from other age groups.But due to the fact that diabetes is most often seen in people after 40 years, it is necessary to adhere to proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.Because no nutrition or overeating sweet occur with obesity problems, smoking, alcohol consumption, age features, hypertension, sedentary lifestyle, chronic overeating, too, are the causes of complications of type 2 diabetes.What we now discuss.
And so, complications of type 2 diabetes and.First, damage to the kidneys.A third of all cases of kidney failure caused by complications of diabetes Type II diabetes.About 20% of patients suffering from Type II diabetes mellitus have a complication "Renal failure in the final stage."They need a kidney transplant or dialysis several times a week until the end of life.Half of patients with diabetes of type II, suffer proteinuria (excess protein in the urine), for 24 hours, they lose about 300 mg, and prone to develop "Renal failure, end-stage" for 7-10 years and also leads to the risk of incidence of strokeand myocardial infarction.
Second, vascular lesion upper and lower extremities of diabetes, with the risk of amputation in patients is 20 times greater than people without diabetes.To all of the above still would like to add that the affected eye (blindness), the nervous system suffers.This manifests itself in a burning sensation in the limbs and / or partial or complete loss of the sensitivity of the feet.Relatively high chance of developing impotence.
is worth noting that if you're diabetic, you should immediately consult a doctor!It is easier to work on yourself and live than to "run" their health and then reap the fruits of their inaction.