Gynecomastia - breast disease in men, which manifests itself one way or two-way increase in breast size up to 10 cm
cause of the disease can be a hypertrophy of fat or glandular tissue associated with hormonal disorders, especially in athletes who take steroids..Accompanied by the disease by pain in the chest area, painful manifestations of palpation.In fact, gynecomastia - a benign disease, but in the case of delayed treatment can grow to a cancer disease breast or lymph nodes.displays frequency in adolescents reaches 60% in middle-aged men - 40% in older men - 70%.Moreover, most often manifested as gynecomastia bilateral breast disease.
Gynecomastia can be false or true.Misleading gynecomastia - the symptoms are less painful, the main reason for getting a large amount of fat in obesity, and metabolic problems.True gynecomastia is caused by age-related norm, when it runs independently, and pathology in the body, in this case, you need to see a doctor to conduct a survey.
Depending on the age, symptoms of the disease and its species identified a number of obvious symptoms:
- first signs of gynecomastia in newborns is a slight compaction mammary glands, sometimes accompanied by the release of colostrum.
- Bilateral Gynecomastia - symptoms appear to increase breast size from 4 to 10 cm, the weight of one breast dostigaet160 also increases the diameter of the nipple.areola size reaches 2-3 cm in circumference, in this case, pigmentation changes - nipple becomes darker, rarely gynecomastia occur during discharge from the nipple.
- also manifested symptoms of gynecomastia, accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the chest, painful and hypersensitive nipples.If the cause of the disease has become hyperprolactinemia, impotence in men manifests itself, oligospermia and damage to the central nervous system.
- Unilateral gynecomastia seen with the same symptoms as the two-sided.But in this case it increases the risk of breast cancer, which may require primeneniyahirurgicheskogo treatment of gynecomastia.
How is gynecomastia
The disease has a distinct stage of development, which have distinctive features.Knowing the stages of development of gynecomastia may be time to seek help that will allow for fast and painless treatment.For a long time to think about how to what doctor to go for gynecomastia is not necessary - in any clinic should contact the Breast office, where they will spend all the necessary tests and arrange treatment.
stages of the disease:
- Developing or proliferative stage takes place in the first four months, is not accompanied by visible symptoms, except for a small increase in breast size.It is at this stage it is important to identify the disease, as in the first months of the process can be reversed without using surgery, and eating the recommended drugs for gynecomastia.
- intermediate stage lasts from four months to a year.At this time, the fluid begins to accumulate in the glandular breast that is accompanied by pain.
- fibrous - the last stage is manifested by changes in the breast tissue structure.The patient at the site of adipose tissue formed its replacement coupling - changes are part of an irreversible stage.In this case, it is impossible to cure gynecomastia Medications are turning to surgery to remove the breast at this stage.
In the case of ignoring the symptoms of the disease and the rejection of the operation, can form a malignant tumor in the breast area.In this case, in addition to the increased size and nipple changes may be allocated bloody fluid.Also, lymphadenopathy shown in underarm area discoloration and visible breast seal.
Methods of diagnosis of gynecomastia
In order to avoid the development of the disease, need to be diagnosed in the first few months, in this case, the doctor will explain how to treat gynecomastia.At the beginning of the disease is necessary to address to the endocrinologist to examine the body, which will conduct analysis of the hormonal status of the patient.Blood analysis will determine the amount of estradiol, prolactin, creatinine, nitrogen and urea, and other elements that affect the human hormones.
In order to eliminate the possibility of manifestation of testicular tumors in the case of increased testosterone, do ultrasound of the scrotum.To exclude the possibility of cancer of breast biopsies performed.To determine the type of gynecomastia is performed breast ultrasound.
During the survey carried out a full examination of the patient, analyze the severity of secondary sexual characteristics, the condition of the testicles and palpation of the breast.The full picture of the state of health of the patient, is also important in the examination for the diagnosis play a major role data on the use of all kinds of drugs, the presence of another illness, alcohol and drug dependence.Early treatment of first symptoms to avoid long-term treatment and possible surgery.Since the percentage of lesion gynecomastia is high enough at any age, should very carefully monitor changes in the body and follow the diet and the use of drugs, and other drugs.