kidney hydronephrosis transformation is a congenital or acquired renal failure, characterized by the expansion of renal pelvis and cups.The disease is generated due to the formation of barriers to the discharge of urine, causing the death of the body.
Because vascular compression is a violation of the kidney diet, atrophy develops kidney parenchyma and the work deteriorates noticeably.Basically hydronephrosis appears in young women and is usually only one kidney is damaged.Hydronephrosis of the left kidney and right kidney is found equally often.
Why develop this pathology
kidney hydronephrosis may be congenital or acquired.Congenital form develops in connection with the influence on the body of the following factors:
- violation of patency of the urinary channel;
- congenital pathology localization kidney arteries and their branches, which put pressure on the ureter;
- wrong localization of the ureter behind the vena cava;
- presence of congenital valve blockage in the ureter or urinary channels.
Acquired form of hydronephrosis is formed as a result of the following urological pathologies:
- urolithiasis pathology;
- inflammation in the genitourinary organs;
- tumor growths in the urinary canals, the uterus, the cervix, or ovary, prostate;
- cicatricial narrowing of the lumen of the urinary channel for the injury;
- metastasis or malignant form of infiltration in the pelvic tissue or in the space behind the peritoneum;
- spinal cord injury that provokes reflex violation of a discharge of urine.
What signs indicate the development of pathology
often hydronephrosis transformation of the right kidney and left kidney are asymptomatic.Specific features of the pathology has not.In the early stages of clinical manifestations explained the reasons which provoked hydronephrosis.For example, in the development of kidney stones may develop acute renal colic, accompanied by severe pain in the direction of the ureters.
Signs and symptoms of hydronephrosis correlated with the nature of the obstacles, and can be acute or chronic, partial or complete.Further damage can be unilateral or bilateral.Unilateral form occurs without symptoms, but in acute full block may develop severe pain in the lumbar region.
This is important!
Blood tests show an increase in blood levels of slagging and developing electrolyte imbalances.Also, urine analysis shows increase in acidity due to secondary decay nephrons in the kidney.
Kidney Pain receptors are located in the shell and make themselves known in tension of the shell, so the symptoms of the disease depend on the location of the obstruction and characterized by pain in the side and in the lumbar region.Increased kidney size easily palpated.
hydronephrosis transformation of both kidneys may eventually cause renal failure, kidney infection and the formation of stones in them.
stages of the disease
- first stage of pathology makes itself felt by a small accumulation of urine in the renal pelvis, which is not strong walls stretching.This stage is compensated when the kidneys work is saved normally.
- In the second stage kidney hydronephrosis transformation provokes a thinning of the parenchyma being supplemented deteriorating body of work by approximately 40%.This work is the second healthy kidney increases, compensating excretory function.
- third stage of hydronephrosis is terminal and is characterized by a significant loss of kidney function or its complete atrophy.Healthy kidneys at the same time no longer cope with the needs of the human body, it begins to actively develop kidney failure, which in the absence of the necessary therapy could result in death.
diagnosis and treatment of hydronephrosis
When the feeling of the affected organ and external examination of the patient the physician can set the deformation and swelling in the lumbar region.Hydronephrosis transformation diagnosed by palpation of large tumors.It is required to produce a differential survey with other medical conditions such as ptosis of the stomach, a tumor in the uterus or the space behind the peritoneum.
Laboratory diagnosis is the delivery of common blood and urine tests, as well as special urinary samples.
The main objective of the treatment process kidney hydronephrosis - is to ensure the normal discharge of urine from the kidney by removing obstacles, as well as holding the urine drainage accumulated at obstruction.Specification of treatment depends on space constraints, as well as on its nature.
This is important!
obstacle, which is a stone is removed through endoscopic surgery - percutaneous nephrolithotomy, extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, etc.Acute occlusion
top of the urinary canals, which has been complicated by an acute inflammation of the kidney, as a rule, is treated by setting nephrostomy tube or stent into the ureter.Thus, there is a provision of the drainage body, eliminating inflammation and restored kidney operation.The next stage of treatment is surgery and the resumption of a discharge of urine.
Blockage of the lower urinary channels, trigger the development of hydronephrosis, such as BPH or squeezing of the urethra, it is usually eliminated by setting a urinary catheter.And the next stage of treatment is to implement the removal of the cause of the violation of a discharge of urine - made the removal of prostatic adenoma using laser resection or removal of adenomas.
narrowing of the urinary canal or ureter can be congenital or acquired.In addition to congenital conditions, causing the development of hydronephrosis, is the existence of a cross or a different conflict of additional vessels in the kidneys.
This is important!
The main reasons for the formation of the restrictions include: kidney stones pathologies, acute or chronic form of inflammation in the urinary canals, tuberculosis of the urogenital system.Also, the restriction of the ability to develop as a complication of urological, gynecological and other surgery.
Regardless of the nature of the disease and the causes of its development or contraction of the ureter anastomosis pelvis and ureter is removed by the following operations:
- Endourological surgery - laser cutting, etc. endopyelotomy
- Laparoscopic surgery - plastic or ureteral anastomosis pelvis and ureter.
- open surgery - a variety of types of plastic, such as plastic, etc. E.